ZBrushCentral

creature concept design ( Zbrush beta image)

Wow, it’s been a while since I last posted.
Here’s a creature concept done also with the beta. What’s exciting is Pixolator has shown the forum cool new stuff that was not on the beta so I’m still anxious for the final version just like everyone else.
It’s going to be cool to see what all can be accomplished in Zbrush.

jelee

Excellent modelling, but I do think you should bring the fingers on the claws down a little bit more so that it’s not standing of the pads with immobile fingers. :wink:

Anyway, nice job.

great modling and texturing :+1: :+1: :+1:

Excellent Jeleee! Most excellent! I particularly like the “non-symmetry” of it! :+1: :+1:

:red_circle:Hey Jelee…e-mail me or turn on your Private Messages pretty please. I have something I wish to discuss with you. :red_circle:
:+1:

Very cool!, im just wondering…is that guy texturemastered?. Or placed on canvas and colored there?.

I love it. WIth my latest stuff I have been so engrossed in the modeling side of things that I forgotten aboutthe stance of the figures. You, it seems, have not. Well done. THe effect you have achieved reminds me of the Ken Brillian dinosaur look.

Regards,

Glen

Awesome modeling! You chose a nice pose to
show its ferocity. Can’t wait anymore to
make such full figures with the new ZSphere!

Awesome texturing on this one !! Great creature and really, really good work. :+1: :wink:

Jim

Fantastic modelling and texturing Jelee! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cool cool cool :smiley:

Looks great :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Nice modelling and texturing :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
stargo

Nice work Joe! :slight_smile:
As Glen pointed out, there’s a real nice dynamic pose, and your lighting also works well to give it a graphic, illustrative feel…
:+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:

WOW! That is a great pose. I believe this guy is on the attack with that other claw poised to strike. Is it easier to get a pose like this with the new version?

Jelee, this is just an awesome character and an awesome pic!

He DOES beg for a more detailed surrounding, though!
:slight_smile:

this looks great … i too await the new version and cant wait to play with the new toys…

veryvery dynamic and another outstanding texturing job © Jelee! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: thank you so much for a great preview into the asymmetrical powers of zsphere-modelling!

• juandel

I apologize for my late reply. I’ve been trying to take care of un-Zbrush related stuff so I can leave town next week.
Thank you for the comments and constructive criticism, I appreciate your time.
However the Pixologic team really deserves credit for the innovative approach of making full body characters a less daunting if not more enjoyable task with the features in the soon to be released 1.5.

Karasuando, I didn’t use Texturemaster on this creature model because it was intended as an example of a concept model and with most concepts, they often have to go through an approval process with either an art director or writer. So my main goal was to try to convey the character’s personality from a single point of view in as short amount of time as possible. This means there was no need to spend time texturing on all sides of the model because it may not be the chosen design. So I opted to just drop the model in it’s own layer and paint it from there. What makes this ideal for concepts is you can apply as many color scheme and material variations as you like and then light it with various lighting set ups in the scene in little time.

Hey Southern, thank you. I am complimented by the comparison to Ken B’s work. (I’m also a fan of your’s as well.)

Dmerchen, The ability to set up poses in the beta was nicely implemented. I wish I could elaborate but you will soon see. (Edit: Actually Kentompkins posting discuses his eyewitness experience to the actual 1.5 version at Macworld.)

Hey Nikko, I hope to tackle some backgrounds in the future. Actually I could stand to learn a thing or two from you on the subject. I liked the Gnarfus image you did.

jelee

That is a very well done frog! The texture looks so believable and I love the way you smudged a mirrored copy to make it look like water! Brilliant!

LOVE the frog and it’s design element. Such a strong statement.

Simply great image!