ZBrushCentral

Cosmicfig - Sketchbook

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement! I was checking around the forum briefly and was really excited about the quality of work I’m seeing. It feels really good to be doing my own work again, and as usual, feedback, Ideas, tips and tricks all welcome :slight_smile: . Soon as I get a bit more time I’m excited to start looking around the forum more, and contributing myself. Anyway, that’s enough blabbing… happy sculpting!

stefanobernardi - Thanks Stefan, I don’t currently have a portfolio site, but I’m working on that. Best I have right now is my CGHub one - http://cosmicfig.cghub.com/. Was checking out your gallery here… some really nice modeling :+1:.

soulty666 - lol your right. I didn’t need to model the hair. Originally I just made proxy hair shapes for volume guides… But I was looking at it and decided it would be fun to just ‘finish’ the horse sculpt off completely. Plus… who cant use practice sculpting hair? :slight_smile: as it is I was pretty lazy with his hair :o. Just used it as an excuse to practice quick sculpting.

pappete - Thanks for the compliment. I would love to go back and poly paint him… so many things I want to get to. Probably wont be for a while though. This guy is already in game and has been textured in his ‘lower’ poly form. Myself and another artist worked on the textures, while another got him integrated into the engine. Still, it might be nice to go back and re-envision him…
Bernard Caumes - Thanks! I probably wont pose him… though its a great idea. Maybe when my home computer is a bit more burly. :smiley:

So here is a project I’d like to finish… started it in 2009 lol. But I’m gonna dive back in I think… Wish me luck :slight_smile:

Attachments

CFig_Beauty_WIP.jpg

I like the female head, very Art Nouveau!

The Horse is awesome.

That War horse, is Absolutely WICKED !!!

Fantastic! that war horse is epic!

Like the woman interested to see it finished,Love the War horse. great stuff.

Hey thanks guys! :smiley: Glad you like the horse.

Been doing some work on the ‘beauty’ model. Mostly in the crown and face… still working on the face but id like to start on the flower next. I’m going to redo it i think… id like to do one of those big ‘Mucha’ poppies I think… anyway here she is minus the hair and flower for now…

Beauty_WIP_02.jpg

More terrific work, look forward to seeing more

waaahh…
That will be sick!!

I love the horse and all that detail you put into it. I like the look of the clothing with holes, very natural, would you mind telling how did you do that?

Thanks

Nice sculpt, loving the mouth and the eyes of your last piece.

Nice sculpts! The warhorse is awesome and the female head already looked great before you worked on it again. :+1:

WOW:o, clean sculpt!!!:slight_smile:

the horse is awesome! … looking forward for more work from you

Hey thanks everyone for kind words.

macaco- Thanks. Yeah, so for the cloth I got the cloth shapes pretty much where they were reading like cloth but wanted to add texture and rip up the ends a bit… So I went into Photoshop and painted a grey scaled “alpha” with where i wanted the cloth to rip and end. Also I added some noise and cloth type texture to this black and white image. I then went back into zbrush and, using lightbox, basically painted the modeling info in from this texture. I then masked off the areas I didn’t want and deleted them. Hopefully that makes sense… I can probably write something up with screenshots and images if you’d like. :slight_smile:

I didnt get to work on this much since my last post but I did add in the flowers and hair shapes… hair is still a bit rough and needs some working out… anyway let me know what you think.

Beauty_WIP_04.jpg

Hey that’s pretty work!

The new flowers are great.

nice works,:+1:

Fantastic :slight_smile: I love her expresion, so calm. Also the crown (?) looks very cool.:+1:

really dig this! :smiley:
awesome work, can’t wait to see it finished

Beautiful work! Really refreshing to the eye!