ZBrushCentral

"Compact Mem" missing?

I guess I live here now, haha.

I have been trying to learn about fibermesh and have pretty much been messing with it on a basic sphere, however when I start to use a groom brush on it, it will appear to work fine and then crash the program after a few strokes. I tried googling the issue and all results pointed to increasing the “Compact Mem” under preferences. However, I don’t appear to have that slider. The Mem box looks like how it should when I look up videos, however mine is missing the “Compact Mem” slider at the top. Advice on any of this would be appreciated.

EDIT: I did not know about certain preview settings, so the issue of zbrush crashing when I try to edit fibermesh has been fixed… but I’m still curious about the missing slider :o

It was apparently removed in Zbrush 2020. I can offer no further information.

We’d need more information to make any guesses about your fibermesh problem. File size, mesh polycount, uncropped pic of the problem mesh in the zbrush interface. The most likely scenario is that you’re simply on a mesh that is too demanding for your system, or are asking it to produce fibers at settings that are too ambitious. Make sure that “fast preview” mode is enabled for dense fiber projects.