ZBrushCentral

Colin's Curiosity Corner.

heres a quick update to show you where he’s heading…
with chest plate.jpg

Very COOL! :+1:

love this one, great design :slight_smile:

thanks roger :+1:
and thank you ncollings :+1:
will update again when i get chance!

hi guys,
heres an update on my creature, ive been posing him and playing with chainmail and a sword, painting next … c+c’s always useful :+1: two views.jpg

Attachments

chest and chain.jpg

aha noone liked him i see, ( i was pleased i made a 3d chain mail though !!)oh well heres my last coloured go on this critter, hope you like him,
:smiley: [attach=158559]critter against sky- colin ware 2009.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

critter against sky- colin ware 2009.jpg

I like his face and props to the chain-mail! It just seem like there should be more of it. Perhaps you could make it look more layered by throwing some clothes on him.

Very cool and original! BTW - I think a wider angle lens would give the composition more depth… 20mm and push?

-Shea

thanks for lending a fresh eye guys,
Vancross, i like the idea of putting some cloth drapes / clothes etc im fighting a big file size at the mo so im playing with decimation master, see if that helps…
Ls3D, thanks for the fore head slapping moment ! i always forget to play with perspective, heres a fresh one fresh out of Zb :+1: doodle persp 09.jpg

hahahah… he’s great.
small clumpy hands would have fitted him better, imo.
maybe you could brak up the symetry a tad more. think it’s quite visible in the head.

looking foward to see your next one.

-r

I agree with the above comment; the obvious symmetry is at present letting the piece down.

nice work on the chest plate and the chainmail.
always wanted to have a go at chain mail but never had the right project…
keep em comin Col…

Col…your a bloody show off!.

Hey…try cinema 4D…its a breeze if you want to do the mental ay thing.

Peter

thanx for the input guys!
rasmusw & gray_slayer, yep i know what you mean, symmetry is just sooo addictive im trying to ween myself away, maybe i spent too many years doing it the real way !! :laughing:
thanks Martin, i always value your input :+1:
you too Peter, thanks ive had a little look at cinema 4D, but not really delved into anything other than this Z thingy & photoshop so far … :+1:

ok i had another one in me, wanted to try one with perspective and the background knocked way back, im calling him done (for now !!)
new one- Colin Ware 09.jpg

Nice job man!!!

Looks cool…great job! :+1:

hhahaha… i actually thought of that when i came home. this must somehow be a huge revelation to you guys who done it the “real” way. heheheh

-r

There’s probably nothing wrong with your workflow, and it’s a great way to pack details into both sides of the model simultaneously. I’d just recommend an extra pass to improve any areas of obvious mirroring. You can further improve this with texture differences, of course. Look forward to future posts.

~ Slayer

Finally found some time to make it over to your part of town and check out the new stuff on display :slight_smile: . This latest creation is great! Beautiful work on the head! Again, looking forward to more! :+1: !

max-tx , roger thanks guys :+1:
rasmusW, never a truer word !! :laughing:
thanks gray_slayer i think my assymetry was a bit on the subtle side too !!
ah Etcher i thought i heard the bell go again, feel free to browse around :smiley: