ZBrushCentral

Cinema 4D R21 "Valkaari-GoZ" Zbrush 2022

Hi,

I recently updated to Zbrush 2022 and now I can’t get the GoZ-plugin (from Valkaari) to work from Cinema 4D R21. It does work when sending objects FROM Zbrush 2022 to Cinema 4D R21, but not the other way. It did work fine in previous versions of ZBrush.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Tennet

1 Like

Same problem, did you find a solution?

Hi! I’ve tried to search for solutions and it seems that GoZ writes some ID to each mesh when using it, so it doesn’t matter if I alter the topology, Zbrush recognizes the mesh and says it’s already in the job-folder…

I could solve it myself by first exporting my mesh from C4D R21 as an OBJ. Then I imported this in ZBrush 2022 (and set it up how I’d like to work with it).

From Zbrush I could now send the mesh to C4D and import it using the ’Valkaari-goz-plugin’. And now it was also possible to use the same plugin to send it back to ZBrush for further work.

Not sure, but this mostly happens to me when I open old meshes that has already been in Zbrush. New meshes/object can be sent directly to ZBrush from C4D, without the need to first export the OBJ (as mentioned in the beginning).

Hope this helps you too!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information! I will try! Very grateful for the answer