ZBrushCentral

Chris Curtis Sketchbook (nudity)

the snail looks cool. I love the idea. keep up the good works!

cheers,

-hwasup

To be honest, I feel that the snail is a bit lackluster. Right now it just kind of looks like a deflated tube with a shell on it. I think you could resolve this relatively quickly by working in some more specific anatomy, like the “feet” flaps on the bottom, and the eyes. Also carving in a little deeper when you do your detail would should add some interest. With a character as simple as this, I believe it’s especially important to do silhouette checks.

I did a search and found a snail anatomy illustration for you.

http://universe-review.ca/I10-82-snail.jpg

Also, I was on conceptart.org this morning and happened across a photo of a snail in almost the exact pose you’re using.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/kevling_2006/VNSS343.jpg

Cheers!
db

i love that snake man!!! it is awesome and its getting better with every update! love it and looking forward. :+1:

Hey Chris! The update looks great! Cool turntable too. You could experiment a bit-following the suggestions that Dustin made and maybe work a bit on the lighting of the sculpt/ might bring in a bit more atmosphere. I’d love to see a tiny human figure in front of it though (I’m a big fan of fifties and sixties horror movies…) :+1: ! oh, and a tiny car too… . :slight_smile:

neversong2: Thank you. More to follow shortly.

dustinbrown: Thanks for the comments. One of the hardest things with this was trying to make it look interesting. It originally just started out as an idea after seeing Neville Page’s image. It was mainly the mouth I was concerned most with. I guess it has turned into an elaborate sketch. But not really anything I want to dwell on. So I will just learn from its errors. Thanks for the images though. I didn’t know there was so much inside a snail!

wethand: Thanks man!

Etcher: Thanks. Haha… yes the tiny man would be cool. I like the B-movie idea. Maybe I could use it in the near future :wink:

The snail is really cool !
Probably I would give the teeth more white color. I think the Reflection is a bit too uniform.

Thanks man!

Well I see others posting their critters entries here so I’ll do the same.

My entry is a Winged Sand Puppy based on Africa’s mole rat. Here’s my progress so far. I retopo’d in Maya in the end cos ZBrush was being a pain.

WingedSandPuppy.jpg

Attachments

SandPuppyProgress_02.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_01.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_05.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_07.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_12.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_15.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_16.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_17.jpg

Whaou ! cool stuff here !
i love you cgcoach contest entry :+1:
Good luck

beautiful works!

lol
awesome idea. love it!! XD

this is going to be so cool! ^^

Oops :slight_smile: I haven´t seen that you´ve posted images of your puppy here, too.

I love it! But I think it´s time for a new update, isn´t it? :wink:

Hey, Cap. Great sculpting on the CGCoach entry. Love the volumes of the head! :+1: !

Been a while! Some nice renders for the snail–I really like how the mucous/saliva turned out. :+1:

Thanks everyone for your support!

Here’s my last updates on the contest. Not done too much more. Just some more wrinkle work. Found a new matcap so you can see things a bit more clearly. Need to get a move on with this really. That deadline is gonna start bitin my @rse!

[SandPuppyProgress_19.jpg]SandPuppyProgress_20.jpg

Attachments

SandPuppyProgress_18.jpg

Man that is one sick puppy :smiley:

Wow such a unique character Captain Sensible this will look awesome with a SSS shader, if you intend to take it that far, look forward to seeing how this one turns out Captain Sensible :cool:

scottleroc: Thanks. Yes I hope to put some SSS on for the final render. Would be a shame not to :wink:

Made a little progress.

[SandPuppyProgress_21.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘143642’,‘SandPuppyProgress_24.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

SandPuppyProgress_22.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_23.jpg

SandPuppyProgress_24.jpg

hahaha, fun this creature! Nice sculpt!

Hi there dude! I like the concept of this critter and the sculpt is looking pretty sweet man!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Hehe, nice little critter, Cap’n. :+1: Looks cute and icky at the same time. Good job on the skin folds and ‘hairless’ look.

this is developing awesome captain! very fun sculpt! XD
keep it going