ZBrushCentral

Chester Bennington - Likeness

Hi everyone! This is my attempt at Linkin Park’s frontman Chester Bennington likeness.
I developed the project during the Art Heroes likeness course, and thanks to Marlon Nunez and Fareed Nagy I made something I’m proud of.
-
The course is a great opportunity to learn how to create a likeness. From the anatomy point of view before every sculpting module, there is a full anatomy explanation of that area. This helps the artist to create realistic shapes which are needed if we’re replicating a human being. We used XYZ displacement maps and alphas and a lot of sculpting by hand to achieve a believable result, this was indeed my favourite part. I used Substance Painter, Photoshop and Knald to obtain the textures and finally, we worked with Marmoset 4 and its awesome raytracing features for our final renders.
-
As I said Marlon and Fareed guided us during the course regarding the artistic part, but it is because of the incredible Art Heroes team that all this was possible. Thanks to the environment they created everyone was helping each other, and when you help (or you’re being helped by) some badass artists, believe me, it feels great!
-
I wanted to reproduce Chester during his last concert here in Italy. I created his outfit from that event and his hair and beard according to that period of his life. I used the rig that the metahumans assets hold to create his scream expression and along with some manual sculpt on ZBrush this came out nice!

1 Like