ZBrushCentral

Chess Game

This is my first CG work since I entered the industry—“Chess Game”,This creative work focuses on the oil painting “The Chess Player” created by Thomas Eakins in 1876.

The crude oil painting “The Chess Player” depicts a funny story that happened in the process of playing chess.

This oil painting gave me inspiration, I couldn’t help but think of the life of two geniuses, Edison and Tesla, who badger with each other.As the so-called chess field is like a battlefield, two people fight each other hard on the chess field. As a chess watcher, Maria Skwodowska: Madame Curie is the first person in history to win two Nobel Prizes. those people have made great contributions to the people of the world. It’s just that the great genius Tesla selflessly tore up the patent of alternating current and gave it a free trial for all mankind,It is a pity that it leads to poverty in old age.The cat in the lower right corner is also very interesting, many scientists will have a kitten of their own,That is Tesla’s cat (and Schrödinger’s cat). And the exploration of electricity also seems to be caused by this black cat. I also added some interesting elements to the work, you can look for it.
The character model was created from the ball inside Zbrush.

Finally, hope you like it!

35 Likes

(upload://3dE6DRxqldB8x1ztTRyKZi3lZhY.jpeg)

66 ![000|1000x729]

5 Likes

14 Likes

Quite ambitious. some great work going on in this.

1 Like

good!

1 Like

thanks

我观看了你的作品
我 大为震撼

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PeDJan

Amazing artwork @zhaomingD So many details to look at :clap: Thanks for sharing.
Jaime

thanks Jaime!

1 Like

Did you finish the game in the picture? Who wins & in how many moves?
Interesting picture. Good work well done. :+1:

1 Like

Extraordinary work, I am shocked by how real everything looks. Congratulations! How many hours did it take you to create the zbrush sculpt? What program did you use to render it? Did you use Zbrush for the hair? How big is the zbrush file? I am still learning so I am always amazed by what such great artists like you can do with it. Hope to see more of your art in the future!

1 Like

thanks!

This piece is electric :wink:

1 Like

thanks!

i could see the hard work. really well done , i loved the details :heart:

1 Like

Great work. Recognized Tesla in the thumbnail. :tu: :tu:

1 Like

Very, very impressive. amazing work :heart_eyes:

1 Like