ZBrushCentral

Checkmate

Hello guys, this is Leo.

Here is my first 3DCG artwork named Checkmate, original conception comes from one of the most famous Chinese painter Anjian Chen.

All the characters, costume and most of the items models were sculpted in Zbrush. I use Marvelous Designer to simulate the rough costume models and then retopo with Zremesher in Zbrush.
I also use Rizom3D for UV unwrap and Substance Painter for texture painting.

After finish Characters sculpting , I use Zwarp to transfer all the UV to one so I can use totally the same texture for all the character to render which save lots of time for me.
Finally, I make hair and fur with Xgen and lighting all the models in Maya. Final render with Arnold Render.

Thank my teacher Guang Yang for his great help and guidance during the past six months. It’s nearly impossible for me to finish this work without him.
And also thank my parents for their always support.

31 Likes

Amazing work, really. I suspect we’ll be seeing you on the Top Row in the near future. :+1:

1 Like

Sculpting of each and every character in this scene is top notch. The young girl looks shy and marveled at the same time :+1:
Jaime

1 Like

A picture that paints a thousand words. Exquisite work! :+1:

1 Like

this is gorgeous

1 Like

Great work!!! So beautiful:writing_hand::pray:

1 Like

WOOOW INCREIBLE, excelente trabajo, muchas felicidades :smiley: , se ve que le sabes ah muchas cosas y bastante bien, tienes mis respetos, me encanto, espero un dia poder hacer algo asi :smiley:

1 Like

amazing work

1 Like