ZBrushCentral

Cathy

Great work!

The nose doesnt seem quite as polished as the rest of this outstanding piece, however, its still… outstanding

Would love to see more too

Genial. Muy natural.:+1: :+1: :+1:

Mi Portafolio: http://personal.auna.com/restrada/
http://www.guiadeilustradores.com/portafolio/portafolio.php?opc=galeria&idper=186&idima=0

Beautiful gal.

I love how she even looks kinda sweaty,
Like if the weather man said, “it will be 90 % humidity today”.

I feel her,
Great job

CAS

Wow, thanks for all your comments. :slight_smile:

I’m creating the character for my demoreel.

The head is not based on anyone specific.
I studied different references for the bonestructure, mouth, nose, eyes and then tried to create a head that is consistent.

About the specularity: The face is lit by strong sun lighting, like in a summer environment.

Yes, there is a transparent tube at the bottom of the eyelid to create the wet look of the eyes.

The eyes have veins, though they are not visible in this image because of the black and white color and the shadows from the eyelashes.

I created a quad only character base mesh in 3dsmax.
Then I reworked and detailed the mesh in zbrush.
Some muscles and bone details (mainly of the body) are not modeled into the mesh because they will be created by the underlying muscles rig.

I painted the textures in zbrush in 4-8 k resolutions so that I could create highresolution closeups later.
I didn’t use any projected photographs or brushes (alphas,…) created from photographs. Textures based on photographs often seem to create that living dead problem with photorealistic faces.
I simply painted the wrinkles, pores,…

The uvw mapping is auv tiles with multiple uv groups.
By the way has anyone had the problem that when using multiple uv groups, the texture fix seam function only works with the first uv group ?

The following is not really zbrush related.
The eyes, teeth, brows, eyelashes and skinhair were created in 3dsmax as well as the lighting and shading.
The final image was rendered in 3dsmax using finalrender.

My rigging and animation pipeline with muscle setup, custom tools for animation,… allows to exchange and rework the character mesh at every moment with little or no adjustments needed. (and some texture distortion if the mesh changes too much).
This is great to test the mesh with different poses while you are working on the mass, volume and details.

I am going to show more images of the whole head once the ears and the hair dynamics are finished.

Steve Weber
www.steve-weber.com

Here is a wireframe of the head inside 3dsmax:

![Cathy_wireframe.jpg|430x824](upload://sYRH16Gn6mQOxP4aVwITyXBE0O.jpeg)

This is a matter of opinion and personal preference, of course (and to judge from the other responses, I’m clearly out-voted), but I think the lips are just too big, for an otherwise very realistic model. (Even Jessica Alba doesn’t have smackers that huge!)

But it is a beautful piece of work, regardless!

Yeah…that’s perfect. :slight_smile:

That’s it.

simply beautiful work!!!:lol:

what is your poly count on the head, as well as the whole figure?

also, if you didn’t use any projected pictures, or alphas, do you mean to say that you got that level of detail by using ZBrushes custom brushes to get that level of detail in the pores? If so, that’s simply amazing!

nice work!
Mike

Steve: Incredible detailing. Even more impressive considering you used no photomaps. I can’t wait to see her finished and hopefully in color…:smiley:

Dickie

Photo? :smiley:

great work

great work, the face feels ‘stylistic’ and the detailing is hyper realistic, makes for a very intriguing piece of art.

Awesome work! Would you care sharing an unsmoothed version of those wires in ortho views?
Am I asking too much? haha~! :lol:

You “simply painted” the wrinkles and pores? Ive never heard such an understatement! Thats like saying “I simply modeled all the grains of sand for this beach scene… all handmade, one by one.” Thats incredible. And she is gorgeous :slight_smile:

When something like this is posted I feel like crying, Uninstalling Zbrush, Max, Photoshop etc. Then go down the pub get drunk, wake up have a coffee, compose myself, think no I’m not completely rubbish, I enjoy what I do, then reinstall everything again. Until the next piece of artistic brilliance comes along. Which is far too often if you ask me, do you now how long it takes to reinstall all this stuff, now stop it. no don’t.
I think you may of guessed that I rather like this, it’s just outstanding. A reminder to us novices that in some future lifetime we all could be this good. Bravo.

Beautiful…

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

The polycount for the whole character in zbrush is 2.6 million polys with ~860000 polys for the head.

mikemagruder: I meant that I didn’t use any projected photographs and that I didn’t create any brushes,alphas,… from photographs.
Of course I used some painted alphas with the zbrush brushes.

And some procedurals in 3dsmax for details that where too small to be painted on the 8k face texture.
I don’t think though that the eye closeup is large enough for them to be visible.

Steve Weber
www.steve-weber.com

I really like the eyes… can we also see the head in a different pose:)

I have to agree, this is an exceptionally good model, but I’d say reduce the lip size… I think it’s easy to get caught up in just staring, and with such a close-up sometimes it’s easy to pass this kind of thing over or lose perspective… but those lips are just a bit too large by any measure. Well done model though!

Hey she’s hot.:smiley:
Although she might need corrective glasses.:wink:
Seems like the convergence is a little strong.
As for the lips, I like it.
Think Angelina.:+1:
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Damn you - that’s great work :+1:
I’m gonna give feedback though, 'cos that’s what you wanted.

I agree with what folk have said on some things, but not on others:

I AGREE:
I think the specular is off on the skin (but I think the eye specular is just about spot-on)
I think the eyebrows look a bit profuse (but the overall shape looks excellent)

I DISAGREE:
That the lips are to large, and that other features might not be quite right.

In fact, this face is probably the most ‘viable’ looking CG I’ve seen.
She might have fat lips, yes, but you’ve managed to pull-off the ability of keeping the rest of the features in keeping with it - if you know what I mean. The shape of her nose compliments the shape of her lips - and the skin between the features seem to flow really, really well (you’ve made an ‘amazing’ job of that).

As a side note, I like the way you’ve cropped it as well.

If that’s your first, then I can’t wait to see what you produce as you evolve with ZBrush. I know that if my first pic is even half as good as that, I’ll be very happy.

Great stuff, Steve.

I love it. there is a slightly child like look to the face- maybe the proportions. i don’t know if that is the intention- but it looks good.

Craig