ZBrushCentral

Can't sculpt imported .obj file

New user here. I created a very basic shape in Sketchup that I want to sculpt in zbrushcore. I exported it as a .obj, then I imported it to zbrushcore and followed the prompt to convert it to be compatible, however from there I am unable to do anything with it. It’s there sitting on the axis but I can’t sculpt it or interact with it in any way, it’s as if it’s locked.

Tried looking at videos and on the forums but all the advice is either completely out of date or doesn’t address my issue. It seems like what’s supposed to happen when you import a .obj is you should be able to sculpt it immediately.

Really not sure what I’m missing here, would appreciate any advice.

Just a quick note to say I figured it out! Turns out imported objects need to be “meshed” before you can sculpt them. I’d just assumed this was something that zbrush does automatically but I guess not.

To others trying to figure this out, you need to go into Geometry and select DynaMesh, then tell it to subdivide the model. This will apply a mesh to the model and you will be able to start sculpting.