ZBrushCentral

Can't Assign Hotkeys. What to do?

I’m Using Z 2020. When try to assign hotkey by hold Ctrl+Alt and pressing LMB on a brush (Let’s say Move Brush), I can’t assign that.

I’ve tried enabling customization, but didn’t work. Also tried changing StartupHotkeys.TXT file, haven’t done what I want (I think I don’t know how to change that properly). Am I missing something here?

Plz help.

Hello @Rushan

Please upgrade your program to the most recent version of ZBrush, currently 2021.1.1, before reporting issues. Obsolete versions are not supported and are missing fixes, making troubleshooting impractical. This is free for registered users.

Assigning a brush to a hotkey works as expected for me in zb2021.

Note that the Shift, CTRL, and ALT modifier keys are generally off limits for brush assignments. These keys all have hard coded functions relating to brush behavior that will override and conflict with attempts to assign them as a hotkey when using brushes. They can generally be used for non brush functions, but there may be other exceptions.

If you are unable to assign a key after upgrading your program, please contact Pixologic Support.

Please Update to 2021.1.1
Photo finish, I lost.

Thanks.

The problem fixed. The reason why I couldn’t change the hotkeys is I’ve accidentally activated “enable customization” button. Thank U anyway. :heart: