ZBrushCentral

Cannot export Turntable Movie to .mpg after recording successfully 2022

After recording a turntable (360 degrees) at Doc/ Large /resolution for two days and nights, I successfully was able to complete and save the movie, which as you know is a .zmv format. But I cannot export the movie to mpg. It is a large file 2.46 GB. I have tried exporting to other hard drives and folder locations many times, many names-no luck. I can successfully reopen the movie into ZBrush – which is promising. But after that, I always get the same error message. I’m on a Mac-cannot find a program to convert. . ZBrush 2022.0.2
Error message: “Sorry, Error encountered while exporting a movie.”

Hello Lawrence,

For technical problems with ZBrush, please contact ZBrush Support. We aren’t able to provide advanced support over the community message boards.

Thank you!

Thank you Spyndel,
Unfortunately they suggested I try here. This forum is probably my last hope, as there is nothing I could cross-reference on the Web.
From Pixologic support today:
Unfortunately, we can’t answer that question due to the fact that the Pixologic Support staff is not trained in the various ins and outs of how to use ZBrush. We can only provide assistance with matters in the following categories:

• Purchasing
  • Upgrading
  • Downloading
  • Installing
  • Activation/Deactivation
  • User Accounts
  • Bug Reporting and Troubleshooting
    No matter how much we might like to, we simply cannot provide assistance with questions regarding the actual use of ZBrush and its feature set.
    These topics are already covered via resources that are already available to you through one or more of the following methods:

I wish that the file saved was not in the .zmv format as there doesn’t appear to be anything that will convert my successfully recorded turntable movie to any Mac compatible format (and probably windows either for that matter) I have looked and looked. My best guess is the file I made was too big-it is around 4K by 4k. I am reworking and should probably have never attempted to make it so big in the first place. two days down the drain. :frowning:

Hi @Lawrence.Kaplan

Sorry about the confusion! I don’t immediately experience any issues when attempting to export a movie. In order to figure out what is happening on your end, we will most likely need to take a look at the file, and we can’t do that over the message boards.

I’ve located your ticket and marked it for attention. Support will be in touch as they are able.

Thank you!

thank you. I have done some tests and all smaller turntables are fine. I’m going to move on – not pursue this further-as I am tweaking my mesh again anyway. And I really didn’t need to make such a gargantuan file. If anyone there does have a Mac suggestion for converting a .zmv file outside of ZBrush though, I would be interested.

One other question… if I may, is about Spotlight. I understand if I want to model with Spotlight visible, all I need to do is deselect Spotlight Projection, but in my case, when I have Spotlight on with the dial remaining present (Image opacity 100 percent or lower and Spotlight radius large or small, I can’t seem to see the images anymore when I hit the z key to hide the dial. Yes, the dial is disappearing-good, but so are the images. Unless I move my cursor in their vicinity, they only appear slightly under radius. Background opacity dial seems to stick at around 30 percent only on the dial-if that means anything.
In any case, just to be clear, the images are not remaining on the screen with Spotlight on and the dial hidden.