ZBrushCentral

Calvin and Hobbes - The Hug

“Sometimes, it’s the little things that take up the most room in your heart” :child::heart::tiger:
I’m convinced that one of the most challenging things to achieve in art is to get the observant to feel the emotion you tried to express in your piece, either in sculpture, music, painting, dancing or whatever expressive medium… its always a great challenge…
Here I present you my 2nd digital sculpture, a FAN ART tribute of the great Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.
I hope that i may have achieved to overcome that challenge, by make you feel that soulbonding that embraces these characters, as also all the love and joy i tried to evoke and transmit while sculpting this piece.
These are times that hugs are a privilege… I hope this kindly reminds us, that nice sweety sensation of giving hugs and being hugged, and when this pandemic times are over, you may meet and hug your loved ones.

Hope you like it! :heart:

Calvin and Hobbes - The Hug

Calvin and Hobbes Diorama - 191f - Tail 1 - FRONT - Polygroups - No Render - Signed

40 Likes

This is really cute. I love the style of your sculpt.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Thank you @fiouze for your kinds words! I’m really glad, that you liked it! :blush:

1 Like

Absolutely heartwarming tribute. Great job!

1 Like

@aurick Thank you so much! It’s so nice to know that the feels were transmitted successfully to the viewer!

Oh yes, I needed that! Great work, I love it! :+1:

1 Like

@marcus_civis oh i’m so glad you like it! Thanks for feedback!!

1 Like

Good work Claudio, great attention on details :+1:

1 Like

@nacho_riesco Thank you so much Nacho, for noticing that! Loved your jewelery craftmanship!!!

2 Likes

Un hermoso trabajo en verdad!!!

1 Like

Muchas gracias Oso querido!!! @Alejandro_Mendez

Bonjour claudio! Extraordinaire le calvin et hobbes calin! j’ai une question pour toi: est-ce que je peux l’imprimer en 3d sur une imprimante a resine? J.adorerais l’avoir dans mon bureau de travail!

1 Like

Salut Eloi! Merci pour vos mots gentils! Je t’ai répondu en privé.
@trexhulk93

As a great fan of Watterson’s Calvin & Hobbes I really love your sculpt.
I always think about to sculpt something C&H related myself to get me a printed 3D sculpt - since Watterson never agreed of any merch been produced with his lovely characters.

However - I did make some designertoy customs - one of those even ended in a documentary about C&H and Watterson. But it was nothing like a real rendition of the characters…

There’s only one thing that sticks out to me which I don’t like - but take this as my personal oppinion and no critique per se.
I don’t like the 3D lettering and 3D sketches on the lunchbox. I think this destroys the overall look and feel for the comic character. It’s okay to bring 2D characters into a 3D world - but printed letters on a book should stay printed - since the book itself is already transformed into a 3D object.

That’s it from me.

Love what you did!

1 Like

Cette modélisation est absolument superbe ! Un très bel hommage a cette oeuvre immense qu’est Calvin et Hobbes.
Elle est apaisante, l’ambiance est magique.
Est-il envisageable de l’imprimer en 3D résine ? Je suis équipé pour mais accepteriez-vous de partager le fichier 3D, pour un usage strictement personnel bien sûr.

Encore bravo pour cette très belle réalisation.

This modeling is absolutely superb ! A very nice tribute to this huge work that is Calvin and Hobbes.
It is soothing, the atmosphere is magical.
Is it possible to print it in 3D resin? I am equipped for but would you agree to share the 3D file, for strictly personal use of course ?

Congratulations again for this beautiful realization.

1 Like

This one really hits home!
Thank you for sharing. I just can’t get over the expression and feeling you get looking at this piece. Right in the feels!

Great Job!

1 Like

@VISEone
Thanks mate, glad you liked it and congrats on that feature on that documentary of the Great Watterson!

Thanks for the feedback and I get your point about the letters, and the launchbox, but as reinterpreting it in 3D i took that freedom to make it in a way that the letters have some kind of bevel or relief that would made them to be seen without paint too.

Again thanks and kind regards!

@Louis_Goutaudier
Thanks Louis for your kind words! Really glad you liked it!
Unfortunately I can’t share the 3D model, not even for personal use, but again, thanks for your words!

@Ian_R Ian!! Wow man, is such a great honor for me to receive your feedback! Also thanks for the feature post on MaxonZbrush at Instagram!
Thanks for your kind words and support! Means a lot to me! :blush:

1 Like

Absolutely! You knocked it out of the park!
Keep up the awesome work!

2 Likes

Read these growing up! I love to see these character from my childhood! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: