ZBrushCentral

Business question: selling your work

My friend and I have been working on a cartoon series for about 3 years now. We are very close to refining our system to where we could produce episodes very quickly. If we never make a dime, Ill still be happy to just watch what we’ve created, and show a few friends. It has trully been a rewarding feeling. However, we are going to see if there is a market for what we’re making.

Our business model is adopted from the very successful homestarrunner.com, and redvsblue.com, where they offer free, low quality movies online, and sell high quality DVDs.

Whats been wracking my mind are questions like these:

To sell our work, do we have to start a company? If we start a company, do I need to commercially licence my software, or repurchase it, and register it to the company instead of myself as an individual? Do I need to research state law, or since we plan on selling from the internet, is state law irrelevant? What really haunts my mind is knowing that my ignorance is to the extent that I dont even know what all questions to ask, or who I should ask. I need to know that I am doing things the legitimate way, and that Im not going to end up owing some huge fine later on down the road.

With all the professionals on this forum, I was hoping to get a little advice to get me started in the right direction. Thanks a TON for any help:)

Congratulations on your hard work and dedication to your cartoon series – that’s fantastic! It’s clear you’re passionate about what you’re creating, and that’s a great foundation for success.

Your concerns are completely valid, and it’s great that you’re seeking advice. Speaking with a legal professional and possibly a business consultant can provide you with the guidance and answers to your specific questions. Don’t worry; you’re on the right track, and with the right advice, you can navigate the path of entrepreneurship successfully.

And remember, regarding company voluntary arrangements, they typically relate to financial restructuring, so they might not be directly related to your situation. But it’s always a good idea to stay informed about various financial aspects as your business grows.

Hello. I’ve had problems with writing since childhood, and I have to write a lot of complicated essays during my studies at university. That’s why I turned to the write my essay for me online service. This service employs highly qualified writers who are knowledgeable about many topics. Thanks to this, my paper was written instantly and did not contain any plagiarism.