ZBrushCentral

Bram Stoker Dracula WIP

A little progress on this fella from the last render and still WIP

Tried rendering in 2K with Arnold CPU on my laptop with 7 samples and it took almost forever (7hrs more or less) and still got some noise on the hair, but amazingly got the detail I wanted on the face especially when close-up. Obviously still needs more enhancing on some tiny details.

Left (old) vs Right (new) photo for comparison. I keep changing and playing with different light setups with HDR to see how the skin shade reacts. Did another color adjustment on the skin texture to bring out that old look as I feel the previous renders was lacking depth and contrast. I’ve thickened up the Corrugator Supercilii and the Zygomatic Bone a little and drooped it down. The subtle changed on the eye and the smile also made a huge difference.

Maya viewport scene with all the layouts, facial hairs almost done, but more adjustments need to be made especially on the peach fuzz, it was too thin and too dense. The hair groom is looking better and almost there (I hope)
Added the clothes but haven’t really focus on it at this time.

1 more week to go! Gambatte!

Thanks for looking.

#garyoldman #bramstokerdracula #dracula #classicmovie #vampire #arnoldrender #xgen #zbrush #texturingxyz

9 Likes

Now that’s what I call a true and decent rendering. Many claim they present good renders using pre-sets, but this is a clean work. I admire your effort you’ve put into this. Lovely work!

1 Like

Looking forward to your final render, I mean this is already an excellent render :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words, take care.

Thanks Jamie, Im also stoked to finish this project but I have to pause from time to time to see the most of things. Take care.