ZBrushCentral

"Bloodsport" Jean-Claude Van Damme fan art likeness

It is a fan art project, based on the 1988 American martial arts film “Bloodsport” starring Jean-Claude Van Damme.
It started as a head likeness but i ended up sculpting the whole body as well as creating the set (not very detailed but enough to show as background for my shots).
The whole project took about 3 years to complete and 3 months to render on a Z800HP with dual 5650Xeon and 24G RAM.
I wish i could render it with a bit higher settings to avoid some noise and anti-aliasing issues but my hardware is old so i would have to render forever smiley .
It has been a very demanding project, and i learned a ton of stuff through the whole process.
I will soon post a “Making Of” with images from start to finish, timelapse videos and info.
I hope you enjoy watching this artwork as much as i did while creating it.
Thank you very much!

16 Likes

Love that movie “SAY IIITTT!!” … great job!

2 Likes

Awesome job on this. That takes some stamina to take 3 years on a single project. Can you give some info on the render engine used, and shaders?

Well Done.

Dan

1 Like

Hi,
it is V-Ray with Alshader for the skin. Thank you.

Great work, awesome presentation : )

1 Like

Thank you!

I had the pleasure of following part of your production on FaceBook.
But I did not know that you had already invested so much time in the project.
And surely paid himself.
Keeping your breath on such a long project shouldn’t be easy at all.
Clearly you have taken your time not to miss any details.
I spent some time with my friends watching this work, we watched the video a few times, and were impressed and very motivated by it.
Fantastic work.
It’s amazing to see something like that, and it reminds us that it’s all about the journey.

Congratulations.

Deryck Pellegrini

1 Like

Dude yes, going to the Kumite! :nerd_face::sunglasses: “The bottom one” :purple_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thank you very much! I am really glad you followed parts of the whole process until the end and i am really happy that you liked the final result :slight_smile:

1 Like