ZBrushCentral

Benchmarking in Zbrush

Yeah, definetively, Z2 seems to like Prescott cores better than Northwood :stuck_out_tongue:
This is my test.

My system:
P4 3.2 GHz HT ( Northwood core - FSB800/512Kb )
1.0 GB RAM DDR 400
GeForce Fx5200 128 MB

Game Master: Memory is a big deal to Z2. Maybe the test itself doesn’t take a lot of memory, but Z2 does. As for myself, I have 1.0 GB RAM and find myself short of memory when using Z2
 And also, You should check the latest processor test available in the net. You’d find that the latest P4 have been doing better than Athlons and such.user_image-1086575341mef.jpg

Hi;
I tested with my new system and got pretty
weard results. I don’t know what these numbers
mean, but I read here someone said "the lower
the better. Is there something wrong with my
pc?

Single: 36.7
Multi: 36.5

Athlon 3000+
2 Gig Ram
ATI Radeon 256 Ram

With your result all around 10, do I have a
reason to worry/change any parts?

Do you think the system is behaving slower than it should? How does it react with other application? Faster or slower? It may be a configuration problem, maybe your processor is working at lower speeds than it could, because something was configured wrong.
If you did the upgrade by yourself, I’d recommend you to check processor clock and multiplier settings in the system bios’ setup. If you bought a boxed computer set, I’d recommend you to go to your reseller or techincal support

if you have internet explorer open
 winamp
 or other applications that are using your cpu then yes that will affect the test greatly.

the best way to test this is to close all un-neccessary apps/processes after just booting up into windows, and then run the test.

my scores on my laptop are

18.xx% increase

Thank you Cezar Souza and ambient-whisper for
for your reply! I build the system bit by bit
and I run nothing else in the background than
just Z2, it could be the configuration as you
mentioned. I’ll have a look!

Thanks again! :+1:

Well I just ordered a new dual G5, so we’ll see later how that runs this test in comparison to the other machines posted.

WOOT!

I finaly got Multithreading working on this little
1.39 dual Opteron system
1 GB RAM PER Processor (2gigs total :wink: )
Windoze XP PRO (finaly LOL)

I am very happy with results :slight_smile:

Next month I am maxing out the Processors to the motherboard limmit
 and month after I am adding 2 more gigs ram

I am very happy with the preformance boost

The single processor benchmark was same as my single processor 2.6 GHZ P4 2 gigs of ram (is was playing winamp tho LOL!)

The dual processor system is much more responcive than the single processor system
user_image-1088130042wlc.jpg

Does anybody have a Centrino CPU? If so I would be keen to hear the benchmark times.

Thanks

Hiya.
I’ve found you can get a small improvement in the multithread test if you make sure your Compact Memory slider is set to the same amount of ram as your computer setup. You’ll find the slider in Prefs >Mem subpalette. By default the Compact memory is set to 256meg. Anything over 256meg is written to your hard drive virtual memory file.
Make sure you hit the STORE CONFIG button found in the Preferances > Config subpallete afterwards.

Upham :slight_smile:

(sorry for my very poor english)

hi all.

my computer owns Zbrush :smiley: :

single 42.833
multi 42.664

and im working on this machine :frowning:
Duron 800
390 mb ram
GF3 TI 550

time to upgreade

WOW! upham !

Great find!!! nice preformance boost :slight_smile:

I missed this thread :slight_smile:

Here are my result :

Single Thread : 8.390999
Multi Thread : 7.539997

10.1% Increased speed

HP Pavilion t490
Pentium IV 3.0Ghz HT
1 GB 400Mhz DDR

Has anyone tried the new 915 intel chipset with PCI express with the 775 socket yet? Just curious.

WOOT!

just installed windows 64 bit for extended systems (free time version for AMD users)

was able to shave off 1 point to the benchmark, but when dealing with high poly models the system seems EXTREAM BOOST when actualy drawing, and rotateing the model! it seems quite a bit faster.

wow! I am very happy with the results
 I am going to go and do some rendering tests

I am pretty happy

UPDATE: OMG half way through typeing this message I tried subdevideing my model
 I got it all the way to 8.5 MILLION polys
 my 32 bit partition crashes over 4 million! I am going to try this with other models
 this is realy cool!

While here’s my results:

Single Thread: 8.794998
Multi Thread: 7.776

11.5% Increase in speed.

HP Pavilion a630n
2.8 ghz P4 HT 520 (775 socket)
PCI express
2.5 GB 400Mhz DDR (2-1 gig Corsair cards, and the 2-256mb cards that came pre installed.)

Hahaha I knew my poor tired old machine was slow but I think I win the slowest award
sigh. Anyway I thought I would post my results for some laughs.

single: 50.743
multi: 51.122

Pieced together Dell Dimension 500
PIII/Xeon model 7
768mb ram

So you can see why I can’t post up much work as it takes me forever to do anything and am still working on projects started when Z2 came out!!:roll_eyes:

Hahaha any donations of computers made in this century accepted but don’t bring your visa card.:smiley:

Hey Sirquad!! Yeah I have a PCI Express Mobo with PCI-X video card. I will have to check my test results again but I seem to recall numbers that are very close to yours. I have a 3GHZ P4 HT, 2Gb DDR.

I got single thread 16.8789998
Multi thread 10.682
AMD dual Athlon 1800
l gig RAM,
quick question, how much RAM can Zbrush utilize?

All the Ram you can give it. :wink:

Single: 9.9
Multi: 10.0

Sony Vaio S150 laptop 1.6 ghz Centrino / 2mb L2 cache
512mb DDR PC2700

Must be the cache.