ZBrushCentral

Batch assign alphas their icons

Hi,

I just bought a brush pack that has many alphas and a icon for every alpha.

I want to make a ZBrush brush for every alpha or a multi brush for multiple alphas in one brush. The problem is, I can’t do this by hand, setting the icon for all 500 alphas by hand is insane.

There must be a way for me match names and say “fold_01_height.png” corresponds to the icon “fold_01.png” and so on. (If need be I can also batch rename them to some ZBrush naming convention).

Hi,

Yes, you can do that. You’ll need the ZFileUtils dynamic library so that you can get the file names in a folder. The attached zscript shows how to do it.

1. Unzip and put the txt file and the folder in the ZBrush/ZScripts folder.
  2. Load the txt file through the ZScript:Load button.
  3. The button will appear at the bottom of the interface in the ZScript window. Press ‘H’ on the keyboard to show it (or click on the handle and drag up).

Make sure you have the Standrad Brush selected, or whichever brush you want as your base brush.

Press the button to select a file from the folder. This is so the zscript knows where the files are. It will then check for a file name with “_height” in it (called the “AlphaSuffix” in the script) and load that as an alpha. It will then check for an icon file that is the same name but with the “height” taken off (as in your example). I’m assuming the icon files have “.png” extension. (You can edit these at the top of the script.) It will then save the brush to a subfolder called “brushes” which the script creates.

BrushAlphas_Icons.zip (292.7 KB)

I’ve not tested this much so use at your own risk. You’ll probably need to edit it so that it works in the way you want.

Marcus