ZBrushCentral

Baby Blue Dragon, my very first Zbrush render (WIP)

:3

This is my very first time painting and rendering something entirely in Zbrush. This is a test render, I have other plans for this guy… I plan on making my baby dragon sitting on a mountain of treasure, which will be the next part of my project.

Most of my experience has been making PBR game props for indie devs (my sketchfab is https://sketchfab.com/toomanydemons
I’ve always been drawn to the non-realistic rendering style of Zbrush. Imo, it’s way more artistic and eye-catching than any PBR render.

After a whole bunch of tutorials and testing, This is what I have so far. I’m posting here in the hope that I can get some critique and maybe some helpful tips/advice about BPR rendering, shader mixing and compositing. I sure would love the help and am eager to learn, and possibly make some friends in the process.

I’m eager to learn every little thing about rendering and shader mixing in Zbrush. I love the style very much. Unfortunately it’s very hard to find quality tutorials that go deeply into the process.

7 Likes

Hi @Allen_Grippin and welcome to ZBrushCentral. Was reading your message/topic, I encourage you to visit Pablo Munoz’s website at: ZBrushGuides.com - Tons of very useful information to help you render in ZBrush. :+1:
Jaime

1 Like

Awesomeness!! Thank you Jaime :smiley:

Render%203_2

WIP!

Thanks very much for the link Jaime, I am involved in a lot of research now.

At this point I’d like to add some variation to the treasure pile (trinkets, pearls, ect.) I also thought about making a tiny fairy touching him on the nose (and titling the image, “BOOP!”). It’s getting there.

Any constructive criticism is very much appreciated.

2 Likes

Title: “Gweedy Dwagon!”

I’m finally finished!

My very first time composting and rendering (mostly) in Zbrush. Tons of tutorials and trial & error. Tons of fun. I plan to get better at this; critique is very much appreciated! I want to make more stuff :smiley: