ZBrushCentral

Artists In Action - Kris Kosta

Excellent tutorial Kris! Thanks for sharing how you went about it. Now I know what I’ll be doing all weekend!

thank you…:red_circle:small_orange_diamond:red_circle:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited at seeing a new technique before … it’s a logical extension of the method in the training pdf. You know … the one where you make a telephone and draw something on the plane 3D before dragging it onto the phone in PM.

Now I’ll have to learn how to model females, because I seem to have a lot of photos of ladies on my computer. Skin references only, you understand. Ahem.

Thanks Kris … brilliant!

This is just a awsome technice, im just wondering one thing, if you use images like you did with the lips to make the textures, you will also painting the spectacular reflections of the photo you are using, do you have any way to fix that?

thankx in advanche

he very nice work and thanks for your tutto video :+1:

Great help these videos!

HA, the plane instead of the brush without Zadd in PM … I can’t believe I didn’t come up with that… A Million thanks for that hint !!! That solves a lot of issues for me.
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
LemonNado

Cool Stuff

Hey Antropus,

Thanks a million for sharing these techniques! You are without a doubt one of my most inspirational CG artists.

I have a question though. When in projection master is it possibles to move around alphas for deformation in much the same way as you have done with the textures? It would be awesome to be able to fit photographic wrinkle alphas to my models in much the same way as this colour texturing process works.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Ben

brainplug…for that you might find using stencils a better fit, but you can convert your alpha to a texture in the alpha palette if ya want.

nice approach and really flexible.
Excellent:+1:

Ryan thanks for this … :+1:

Kris…u make it look so simple my friend…neat and brilliant workflow… :wink:

Cool. Hey where did you/he get those realistic textures? Are they available somewhere here?

Thanks

Super cool technique. I surely never would of thought of using the 3D plane!!!

Excellent, great technique! Thanks for the learning experience.

-Bill C.

Gorilla -

Check out www.fineart.sk

r

Great job again Kris !
A cool tutorial and a great technique. So simple but so useful ! great !

Wonderful technique, thanks for sharing! Definitely solves many of the problems I’ve been having with painting in ZBrush. For those looking for comparable ref images, check out www.3d.sk, they have just about everything you could want. You’ll have to do a little photoshop work to remove highlights, but their res and quality is good.

It’s worth pointing out though that they do charge a fee.

Wayne…

http://www.imageafter.com

Here’s a free one full of high res pics of all sorts including some really intersting ones of humans. I found it a couple of mins ago and thought I’d share it with others having trouble like I have in finding free high res images.

Wayne…

Nice resource DarthWayne. I like their texture section. Thanks for sharing. Yes, you’re right there is a fee for 3d.sk. Should have mentioned that. Personally, I think it is definitely worth the price. :slight_smile: