ZBrushCentral

Apollo 11 crew

July 20th, 1969. This day marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Moon landing. Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon while Michael Collins waited for them in orbit. This was not only an incredible feat of human engineering, but bravery too. The nerves of steel these guys had to be strapped into a Saturn V and jettisoned into space never ceases to blow me away. Amazingly, I’ve never seen busts of them so I wanted to rectify that.

Apollo11_Neil_solo

Apollo11_BuzzClose

Apollo11_MichaelClose

Apollo11_NeilClose

10 Likes

What a great tribute Darren! Gorgeous busts :clap::clap::clap: Fantastic! you captured their features super well :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Stunning likeness. I would love to have a set of those beautiful busts on my desk! I am currently making a 1:12 model of the Apollo 11 Command Module.
Would you consider having them 3D-printed for a fee?

1 Like

Beautiful work!!!:sunglasses::+1::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:!!

1 Like

Thanks Luk, I’m working on making them available. Your best bet is to probably follow my Instagram: @greatapestudio for updates (but will respond to your email also, ty)

Darren.

Great news! I have sent you an email via Gmail also. If you want I am happy to help promote your launch on the forums I frequent. I am sure there will be keen interest.