ZBrushCentral

Anyone know of some good animation programs?

I just wanna know if anyone knows some programs i could use to animate images.

Howdy LWTB

Alot of 3D Software packages do some form of animation, Bryce, Strata, Maya etc…

You can do animation with Zbrush a couple of different ways. You might want to check out my “Digits Widgets” zscripts I have written

Animation Standard Widget
Animation Advanced Widget
Animation Master Widget

Read the documentation, see the examples and download the scripts here

Digit’s Widgets

it depends on what type of animation you wanna do…robo and Ez would be two ppl to ask…I use a gif animator that came with frontpage/ ms image composer …lengthier stuff I use my micrografx simply 3d3…what are you wanting to animate? and you bring up a good point…I know you can manipulate poser images with zbrush and stuff…when you take em back into poser can you use the animator there to animate the new Zposer figures? I am lame in this area…so if this sounded ignorant…please forgive me…

for flash animations i would try swish… its my favorite so far… paint shop pro has a really cool gif animater,and if you had photoshop 6 you would have image ready to play with… also i use unlead cool for letter animations, if fact if you check out digits web site youll see one of my animations that ive done for him, using paint shop and unlead cool 3d… hope this is helpful to you…

What about Moho? You can find it at: http://www.lostmarble.com
The full version is only about $90 ish but they have a free trial.
Basically you put bones in your drawings and move them around. I’m pretty impressed and I’m a professional animator. I’ve even used it for a commercial.

I’ll have to give this Moho thing a whirl.

I wonder what they used for that Winterfresh gum commercial where that cashier passes that gum over the scanner and music starts to come out? Anyone know?

Thanks for the plethora of posts! I use the Ulead GIF Animator right now and i was just wondering what other types of software that i could use. The only thing that i have animated are dumb little 2d pics with stick figures and such but im gonna try to make some 3d anim. Im gonna try out the digits script as well as the moho program. Thanks again.

Wingedone, i know the commercial you are talking about. the lady scratches the gum across as if she is using some turntables or something. i also wonder how they did that.

Just downloaded Moho and went through tutorial. This is a VERY cool animation program. I dont have much experience but i like this very much. i just wish that the exports didnt have a DEMO watermark. oh well, its awesome and thanks a lot for pointing it out.

No problem. It is a fantastic program and Lost marble are constantly improving it. I’ve had a sneak preview of one of the new features in v3.5, they have added particles!
I don’t know how far you got with the tutorials but you can use the bones with image layers (Bitmaps)- may be fun with ZBrush creations. :slight_smile:

ive been messing around with the bones and making some wierd animations. it is VERY easy to use. in about an hour, i knew the basics of the whole program.

Amapi has some very cool animation tools including support for quicktime VR.

It’s available for free on the cover of this months Digits magazine. See thread on Amapi for some links below for their website

I went through the tutorials in Moho last night. Let me say this: This software ROCKS! Plus, for 99$ it can do stuff that other animation programs can do at 5 times the price. I know where 99$ of my hard-earned money will be going next week. :slight_smile:

On a side note, I’m having a terrible time trying to subscribe to their discussion group.
:confused:

Glad you l;ike it. I’m about to start a couple of films using it so my playtime with ZBrush is going to be severely limited over the next couple of months - shame but it is for a good cause.
As to the group you are right something bizarre is happening with Yahoo groups at the moment. Don’t worry it is not always like that.