ZBrushCentral

Antropus' Sketchbook

Love your work. I’ll be following this thread. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great work:cool:

Great work, I don’t think the wrinkles are to over done. Since when you render it with the skin shader it tends to wash out and soften the details a bit. The wrinkles uniformity could be tweaked a bit. You should try out the fiber mesh system for the hair. Look forward to seeing updates!

Thank you so much for all your comments. I really appreciate it. I’ll try to post some more updates soon. I’m retopo-ing this guy right now, so nothing cool to show :slight_smile:

-Kris

Some more work on the “likeness”. It’s based on an artwork from James Bama, so it’s hard to really rely on it’s interpretation. I’m only trying to recreate an impression of his brilliant work.
I quick blocked the shirt, but it will be partially covered at the end. Everything in progress. More to come at some point.
I just love VRay.

roy_render_color.jpg

roy_render_sepia.jpg

-Kris

Awesome, been following this on your facebook site! :+1:
Your one of my favorite Zbrush artists ever :slight_smile:

Great work Kris, Love it!!! What’s the polycount on the sculpt? just curious :wink:

Thank you so much, Santis!
Thank you mutte. The poly count on this render is about 700k (no displacement applied). The ZBrush model is a little under 3 million polys at this point.

-Kris

Outrages work on the character - really awesome work on the details!:+1:
Happy sculpting

• Kenny:)

Thank you Kenny!

Here are two extra renders just to show other angles. Skin looks kinda shinny.

roy_render_color2.jpg

roy_render_color3.jpg

-Kris

Great work! :+1:

Just speechless…It is amazing!

Hey man, really great work as usual!!!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Let me ask something, you don’t think try the new fibermesh to do his hair? :stuck_out_tongue:

See ya!!

Awesome. :+1: Is the rendered model decimated since you didn’t use displacement maps?

Speechless about the crazy amount of detail of his face, really and it doesn’t like it is too much it looks perfect mate!:+1:

… always so much life and purpose in your work Kris. Fantastic to see your post, fantastic work as a father too :slight_smile:

Keep going I can feel he’s alive.

Keridan
Reel

Really amazing! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Really inspiring as well!

:+1: Great model! The specularity on the neck seems a bit too sharp-it looks kinda greasy. Keep us updated. We wanna see more!

impressive as usual , also your style and rendering is very recognizeable.
Great work.

Very nice Kris !

Initially I thought your portrait was inspired by this guy (James Cromwell).

L