ZBrushCentral

Antropus Picasso Tutorial

These are tutorials in a way we like!

(many pictures, all detail,showing all!)

THANK YOU !

Sweet!!

Glad to know I started heading in the right direction on my own and even better to know some explorations to make good results specular results. (hahaha typo turns freudian…meant spectacular:D )

Thanks for this!!! As I am sure you are busy as hell and it means alot that you took some time to share your tips with us!!

One of the things I like best is your using the same material for the whole project…am smacking myself in the head over that hahahaa…makes sense to paint the whole pic in acrylics instead of mixing them with oils or pastels…while it could give interesting results…more often than not it gives headaches and why not use a material you know how it works and reacts to the light set up you are using…dohhhhhhhh…that one opened a big how do you do window for me.

Sorry, my mistake in your first question. You are right. You need to create the new texture once. ZBrush stores both color and shader information in the same texture. So just ignore the creation of a new texture if you already did it.

In your second question I’m right. After click over Projection Master button you will get a window with the options I mentioned.

Thanks a lot guys :+1:

Cya,
Kris

Million thanks antropus,

That tutorial for sure will come in handy in my current project…

I´ve got a Q though,

In your modelling003.avi you show us a turnaround of the model, is that created under zbrush, how you can make turnarounds of models within zbrush?

Great tutorial. It must have taken quite some time putting it together and is much appreciated. Many thanks. :+1:

Antropus - fantastic tutorial on a superb piece of work.

Thanks for sharing.

The Flooze.

p.s I can’t view the DivX codec movies on a Mac with Quicktime 6.5.2 - what’s the best thing to download for Mac OSX.

( regarding Poppy’s reply in the post below this one - thanks for the link!! )

Hi boozy floozie, you can go to http://www.divx.com/divx/ and download a plug-in to work with your Quicktime. I’m on a Mac too.

Poppy

Amazing tutorial!!..i’m very happy for this…good Antropus!!

Alex.

Is a clear cut how can be made a tutorial with the really working tips from the artist¡ No more excuse to other that dont like to share:D ¡¡
Keep on Antropus like Soulet said many pictures, great details…no speech…not to many words(only the necessary) thats the way¡¡¡:lol:
Andreseloy

:D:D:Dawesome tutorial man consider yourself bookmarked :lol:

this stuff is really great, but i cannot find how to work with deco brush, and Im not sure do I use a proper one, after switching to projection master I’ve pick a tool named Decobrush but what next… Can anybody help me :confused:

Hi
No particulary difficulties :slight_smile:
You have your 3D Object
Press"G" for “Drop” it (that call Projection Master)
Select your Tool here the Deco Brush (I believe you must choose a texture with this tool)
Paint as you want with your tool (here the deco brush)
Press “G” again for “Pick” the painting on the 3D object
Rotate your object
Press “G” for drop it
etc…
Hope this help! :cool:
Pilou

after you paint with the deco brush how do you use it to make the deformations in the mesh ? When I am finished painting and I inflate it just inflates the entire mesh

BRavo Antropus…
the true 3democracy

z.

I just read this one, Thank you!! :+1: :+1:

Hi,

Great tutorial. I have a couple small issues maybe you can clarify. I have reached the part where I’m about to paint multiple levels of specularity. I have already painted a nice texture just like you did in the first part of your tutorial. I also have a great variation of the Sokar skin texture going and i have copies with different levels of specularity ready to go. However I have a problem when I get to this:

“Before starting, click on the first shader slot (or the one with the material with less specularity). Load your model in the viewport, click on Edit. Change the color to white in the picker and go to the texture menu. Change the values for Width and Height to 3000 to have some good resolution. Click on “New”.”

By doing this I am essentially replacing the nicely painted color texture with a new white texture upon which I will soon be painting the different evels of specularity. Is this specular texture going to be layered on my previously painted color texture somehow or combined? I don’t see that step in your tutorial. What am i missing here? How do I use both my painted color texture and the newly painted specular texture?

Also, and this is not a problem with your tutorial per se, but maybe you have experienced this or someone else has. Occaisionally when I’m working with the Deco brush in projection master it’s working fine and then all of a sudden it stops working, nothing appears when I paint a stroke, and I can’t get it back until I restart Zbrush. Has anyone else experienced this wierdness?

Thanks very much,

Eric

I Just bought ZBRUSH 2. Found out about it in a round about way. I have been reading and looking at all i can in the forums, especially Tuts. I seen someone suggest downloading Divx i think it is. i did that but my quicktime still cant read these files. ZLI and ZMT. Says they are unknown. Now i cant openup the zip and see it for the piccasso tut. Some tuts are text only or i get abunch of gobble de gook. :confused: I have been drawing and doing some type of art most of my life. I’m 52 and this program is really fantastic. I have not done computer graphics before. I was looking at poser, but zbrush i believe will take me where i want to go. You might not believe it if i told you. LOL ! ( cnc equipment) Yep, 52 and a green horn…I just tonite had time to play around in it. Made some really cool design an turned into a monster and his buddy. extruded horns, hair, bumps, all kinds athings. hehe. then something i clicked an POOF ! it was gone… I also have a 9x12 wacom. been unused til now.I think this is the first time i posted. If you could straighten me out on viewing these tutorial video’s and files, etc. i’d sure appreciate it. Or anyone ? I am completely stunned by all the fantastic work being done here. I wish i was 17 again so i could really get into this. You young guys and girls are so lucky. thank you kindly, rick woodward

Hello Rick
if you mean the files in the zip download, they are examples of lights (ZLI) and materials (ZMT) for use in zbrush. So if you wanted to use the light setup, to light a model you have made,go to your light menu in zbrush, choose load and browse to where the ZLI files have been saved. If you want to use the materials go to the materials menu, choose load and browse to where you have saved the ZMT file. Good luck with your explorations

• Mic

Well, that explains it. hehe. I also tried clicking on the pics above, but no luck there. Sorry for the dumb questions, i am a rank beginner for sure. Well maybe not rank…I downloaded a movie trailer from divx, it played fine. Thank you for your reply. well i got that fixed, i went to divx and downloaded encoding profiles. I was able to see the first tutorial video of the 3 so far. Man ! he’s good ! This z brush and all the people posting and help from so many, its just great. Pixolator is a Genius. And so are many of you people. Stunning works on these forums ! thanks again.

a perfect work!.. and thanks to share it.

I have a question… how he did this video?

he export to maya, or any other 3D animator software… or did it all in zbrush with a zscript?

Thanks you