ZBrushCentral

Announcing ZBrush 4R3

wow ! great up!

64-bit support please…until ZBrush is avail. in 64bit, im still stick to 3.1

Wow! haven’t used Dynamesh then ?? big loss…

A great news,thank you!!:smiley:

Indeed… ZB4 R2 was a quantum leap forward for me. I’d really love to have 64Bit support - but as it is I’m very pleased with the existing performance. Vector displacement alone would be a reason for the upgrade - the Spline and Mesh-Exporter ist the tripple icing on the cake this time. Love it already :slight_smile:

Awesome!! The Auto-updater will make the upgrade process far smoother for us (hopefully) and leave Pixologic with more time to develop and less time spent answering a billion support questions :wink:

Also hoping to hear ‘some’ news on Qremesher??

Loving it all, and very interested in the Vector displacement feature.

Amazing!
Thanks for keeping me busy:+1:small_orange_diamond:D

btw:
what about the Qremesher?

Pixologic you really take care of your customers

BUT PLEASE built in a newer brush size/strength adjusting,
like the one in 3D Coat or Mudbox.

thanks for your effort
cheers and best wishes

yay autoupdate, no more deauthorize this, copy that, backup this thing, touch a monkey, dl reinstall copy blah blah

brilliant ., bpr to Geo, I don’t care if my system will bog. I will find a way!:smiley:

@Pixologic:

Thank you very much in advance for the update! :+1:

Especially the possibility to export Fiber Mesh Guides and Vector Displacement Maps sounds great. :sunglasses:

Just as the NoiseMaker plugin and the “Convert BPR To Geo” feature. :wink:

But also all the other features and improvements are highly appreciated.

And I hope we’ll see the announced QRemesher soon!

That’s something I’m really waiting for, especially as perfect addition to DynaMesh! :sunglasses:
In fact I’m waiting for better retopology features since quite a while, cause the retopo workflow in ZBrush, as it is now, unfortunatly isn’t very comfortable and pretty time consuming!

I don’t know how 3D Coat and Mudbox handle this, but have you already tried Adjust Draw Size?

You should find it pre-installed under “Zplugin” -> “Adjust Plugin”. :wink:

Oh my gosh. You guys in Pixologic really are amazing.

I second this motion, QRemesher coming soon? Or still working on it? If you folks are still working on it, no prob. Perfection does take time right? Thanks for the new update. You are TRUELY an amazing company. Best.

Hey Pixologic, Thank you so much for the updates. I really liked what you guys have done. However, on the latest release 4r2b, there was a big problem with lag on your brush strokes. You don’t have control of your strokes because it will suddenly increase the intensity by itself or it would completely paralyze the computer and then redraw the mesh on the canvas multiple times. I hope this was addressed and fixed with this new coming release. Once again, thank you for this great program, which I only want it to be always the best it can be.

Ah, AURFAX, glad you mentioned this. I thought it was just me (thought I was pressing a wrong button at the wrong time etc). It has happened several times, and I have had to close the doc, and restart the modeling process. Hopefully this new update will fix this. I think once they make ZBrush a 64bit compatible program (no more 4GIG limitation), lots of our ‘lagging’ and ‘out of system memory’ errors will go away.

hi phönix, you re right.
but the way 3d coat and mudbox have solved it is much more convenient
and gives a greater feeling working with itand imo its faster.

i dont know how the system behind it is called.
but it works like for example :

you press n hold the key b ----> an outlined circle appears in viewport, which presents the brush size.
while holding b you can pull the mouse up and down or left and right to increase
or decrease the circle/brush size.

by additionally clicking left or right mouse button you can change between altering the brush size,
the brush fall off and the strength. fast mode changing with a single klick.
its really fast and gives a good feeling while sculpting.

Thanks for this up and coming update, as I am very grateful indeed :-). Zbrush has got so many many functions now that I think the possibilities have by far exceeded my imagination and the boundaries have simply been crashed down by you guys. I am only now on a project that is making good use of the Dynamesh and wow is it making things straight forward, to the point where I have no idea how I would of coped with the time restraints before hand. I look forward to using as much of the ZBrush goodness as possible in future work. Keep up the good work guys, your diligence and evolution is becoming legendary

Arran

Wow, a surprising announcement, and looks great as always, thank you Pixologic… Looking forwad to the FibreMesh enhancements in partilcular… as well as news of Qremesher!

Pixologic, I could kiss you :smiley:

To quote a cinematic classic:

“Like to give you this Laurel and Hardy handshake…”:rolleyes:

Thanx to all @pixologic!