ZBrushCentral

Anna's Sketchbook

Thank you Sudhan, great you like it. It was actually pretty fun to experiment with Marmoset. With the real time rendering it is quick and fun to change lighting, DOF, camera effects like flares and grain and so forth. It definately has advantages over raytrayce rendering engines once textures and lowpoly is all set up and done. However that can be the hard part requirement until you reach the fun stage of look dev.

Nice! That is true Anna, working with a real-time render engine is intuitive and fun for look dev. I use Modo for the same purpose, except I bypass the lowpoly part, since I only use the sculpts for concept art :stuck_out_tongue:

In the wonderfull presentation for ZBrush 4R8 Joseph Drust showed the workflow for Escheresque portraits. Ive been enormously hyped and sculped one right after the presentation. I marveled how nicely the LiveBoolean feature works and then forgot about the sculpt for some time. Lately Ive got my hands on a Beta for ( yet another) renderer grabbed the bust and rendered it Corona for C4D.

I found the workflow of the ZBrush 4R8 presentation really nice and summed it up in a small tutorial. Enjoy. :slight_smile:
Escheresque_Tutorial_Anna Schmelzer_ZBrush Booleans.jpg

Here are the renders made with Corona Render.

Escher Rind style portrait_ZBrush_Anna Schmelzer-Cool.jpg
Escher Rind style portrait_ZBrush_Anna Schmelzer-Cool-Side.jpg
Escher Rind style portrait_ZBrush_Anna Schmelzer-Cool-Under.jpg

Attachments

Escheresque_Tutorial_Anna Schmelzer_ZBrush Booleans.jpg

Just realized I used the wrong res for the upload. Now in high res.

Rind2k_34_Cool.jpg
Rind2k_side_Cool.jpg
Rind2k_below_Cool.jpg

Attachments

Rind2k_34_Cool.jpg

Rind2k_side_Cool.jpg

Rind2k_below_Cool.jpg