ZBrushCentral

Anna's Sketchbook

Hi guys,

I was intrigued by a fotograph of a female actress from the 60’s posted in Vogue.
So I made this head sculpt to match the fotograph reference. Here are some screenshots out of ZBrush.
I will move on and do some render test later. I’ve got Arnold to do the rendering job so please enjoy more upcomming WIP post.

Audrey_3views.jpg

Attachments

Audrey_3views.jpg

i guess she uses quite some hairpins to keep the hat on her hat :wink: … what a lovely sculpt! …yes, inspiraion by fotos is wonderful, and the take them as a start and create the magic you see in it. really love your wip.

It looks very nice. I like the rythm of her pose.

OK Guys, this was a pretty exciting project. The task was to take the “Specialty Girl” 2D Concept by Andrew Bawidamann and design a 3D printable 54mm Miniature from it. I did all that including the weapons and the base and here are some images. Hangar 18 just finished a Kickstarter Campaign to get a entire series of pin-up girls funded. The specialty girl will come to life soon. I will post updates, once it gets printed.

SG.jpg

SGW_shop01.jpg

SGW_shop02.jpg

Attachments

SGW_shop01.jpg

SGW_shop02.jpg

Hi guys, I spent some time completing my Woman portrait and rendered it with Octane Render Plugin for Maya. I hope you like the final setup and lighting. Anna.

WomanSculptSide.jpg

WomanSculpt34.jpg

WomanSculptFront.jpg

Attachments

WomanSculptSide.jpg

WomanSculpt34.jpg

WomanSculptFront.jpg

Mindblowingly beautifull!

Is this Audrey Hepburn?

Great piece Anna ! My only crit would be to refine the lip detailing.

She is so beautiful! :+1:

Thank you guys for the kind comments and feedback.

@Ouran: Thank you for your feedback. I’m currently working on my detailing and refinement skills. The only thing that helps is sculpt more, I guess :D.
@Jake Rupert: The woman I chose as reference was Audrey. You are the 2nd person who actually guessed it. I didn’t quite concentrate on the likeliness this time. I just wanted to make her look ethereal and beautiful. Which was a challenge on its own.

I did this sculpt as an anatomy study of a body in movement. I had this idea quite a while ago. When I was still doing character animation, I did a sequence of one of the best ballet dancer’s in my opinion. I liked his style so much that I had to do this sculpt and render. Let me know what you think.

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Front_Pants.jpg
Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Back_Pants.jpg
Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Portrait.jpg
Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Front.jpg
Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Back.jpg

Attachments

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Front_Pants.jpg

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Back_Pants.jpg

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Portrait.jpg

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Front.jpg

Dancer_Anna_Schmelzer_Back.jpg

Nice sculpt. I like his face, and very interesting approach for the hair. How did you make it? I definitely prefer the nude version. As for anatomy crits - the front is fine, but I’m not sure about his back, the spine looks too short and the masses sit a bit strangely in places.

Hey Anna,

THIS IS BRILLIANT!
As a multimedia director & artist I am working quite often with dancers and theatres.

You see those artists torturing themselves day by day just for the perfect moment.
You captured this perfect, poetic moment very well.
One can see, that you are an animator.
It just looks right.
He is standing very solid but I can feel his dynamic, elegance and strength same time.
For me, it’s much more than just an anatomy study.

I love it!

great figure sculpt, feels balanced. the pants sculpt feels a bit off, so I would def work on sculpting cloth. awesome job.

Hi guys, thank you all for your encouraging feedback. I will definitely take your advice when I start the next project.

@Knacki: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I didnt expect that someone involved in working with dancers finds my post. I love to hear that you like it so much. :slight_smile:

@nagulov: Thanks for your feedback, for the hair I basically tweaked Fibremesh a lot. After I was satisfied with the result I dynameshed it and sculpted over the result. Finally I decimated the hair mesh to bring it over to Modo and rendered it with OctaneRender

@johnchen: Thank you for the hint about the clothing. With clothing it is sometimes quite demanding to give it a natural feel and ease. Something I am planning to practice a lot.

I had the idea of sculpting a Jumping Cow when I was traveling to Innsbruck, Austria during my holidays. There was a market stand where T Shirts were sold and instead of the famous sports apparel manufacturer who use a jumping cat as their Logo they used a silhouette of a jumping cow instead. I thought this would be a fun idea to sculpt. Besides, I’ve seen many of these lovely creatures while hiking in the Alps. :slight_smile:

Attachments

“Leviathan Wakes” is one of the Sci-Fi novels that brought me through long,dark winter nights. I really enjoy reading the book and the main character Andromenda Mao. I always wanted to create my own fanart illustration in the way I imagined her to be. Consumed by an alien organism, surrounded by the virus like substances in her own spaceship environment. This is what I came up with.

This project was created in ZBrush 4R7 and rendered in keyshot.

After the introduction of ZBrush 4R7, Ryan Kingslien introduced some of the new features in his tutorial videos. I followed the workflow he showed in the “bone catherdral” video. I used his method when creating the alien design.

Mao_07_shop.jpg
Mao_06_shopsmall.jpg
Mao09_shop.jpg
Mao08shop02.jpg
Mao10shopnotext.jpg
MaoAlienStarSide.jpg

Attachments

Mao_07_shop.jpg

Mao_06_shopsmall.jpg

Mao09_shop.jpg

Mao08shop02.jpg

Mao10shopnotext.jpg

MaoAlienStarSide.jpg

i love the design and mood, awesome stuff. ps - the book was brilliant but i didn’t read the rest. cabins war just didn’t capture me like the first.

Thank you Leo, much appreciated. I loved the first book but the other parts of the series landed in the purgatory folder of “might read it later” on my ebook reader :slight_smile:

A couple of month ago I was faced with the tasked to come up with a model based on a fencer theme. It was originally meant to be for a Web-GL based Website design . This meant that aside from sculpting the high-res parts in ZBrush I had to do low-res versions as well. I decided to use Substance painter for texturing and export. Although most of the normal maps have been baked in Zbrush, some of them I baked using Substance. After the texturing I set up the scene in Marmoset Toolbag 3. This allowed me to test the scene vie Web GL MT Viewer exporter. I included the renders and screenshots from ZBrush. I will update my personal Website to upload the WebGL Viewer file soon.

ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide front_new.jpg
ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide left.jpg
ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide right.jpg
ZBrush-Fencer-model-for-WebGL-by-Anna-Schmelzer-closeup-front.jpg
ZBrush Fencer body for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer collage.jpg
ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer collage.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide front_new.jpg

ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide left.jpg

ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer wide right.jpg

ZBrush-Fencer-model-for-WebGL-by-Anna-Schmelzer-closeup-front.jpg

ZBrush Fencer body for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer collage.jpg

ZBrush Fencer portrait for WebGL by Anna Schmelzer collage.jpg

Super cool! And the lighting/mood in the output is awesome too!