ZBrushCentral

Angry Girlfriend

Fun backburner project I’ve been working on for a bit. Sculpted in ZBrush, rendered in Maya with Redshift, and composited in Photoshop. Open to any critiques or questions!
Concept by amazing artist Jiwon Kim (
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9ex9YW)

24 Likes

Sorry, her expression doesn’t scream ‘angry’ to me.
Nice even though.

1 Like

Nice work - did you handsculpt the cloth or did you use ZBrush dynamics and cloth brushes?:sunglasses::+1::star2:!

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Thanks Etcher! I used Marvelous to get a base mesh but after that, I used some of the new cloth brushes (mainly the TransposeCloth tool) to get some more interesting folds around the wrists. Then I sculpted on top of that and polished everything up with a trimDynamic and hPolish! So it was a combination of all three haha.

2 Likes

Looks great @StanleyCheng, she does looks more “bothered/annoyed” than angry, still a great job though! :+1:
Jaime

2 Likes

nice work :metal:

1 Like

The hair looks a bit too plastic compared to the realistically surfaced cloth, but the design and sculpting is really good!

1 Like

Güzel iş :clap::clap::clap::+1:

1 Like

Nice pose and expression!

1 Like

Thanks Jamie! And I would have to agree on that. Though bothered/annoyed also seems to be the default mood of my gf haha

Wonderful job!
I know that look, it’s called Teen Aged Angst. My daughter mastered it.

:grinning:

1 Like

Really nice work, shout out to Jiwon Kim too!

1 Like

Yes, I think you’re completely right. I think that’s the main consistent critique I am getting.

If I had to redo this project again, I think I would have to tone down the texture details (maybe just make the less dense and larger so it looks more stylized) or go all in in making the hair look more real (maybe adding more surface texture to face as well), possibly using xgen or fibermesh.

Thanks for the feedback!

Love Jiwon’s stuff, I recommend everyone go check her stuff out.

She messaged me saying she loved the piece as well. And as an artist, that has to be one of the best feelings in the world haha