ZBrushCentral

Amnc --- Materials --- 3/16-?

hi Mollyka,

if you go to the first page of this challenge, You will see a link to another thread…in the step where I talk about challenging others…in that thread Sven posted up a marzipan material you might find to your liking. If not let us know and we’ll try something else!!

:slight_smile: Thanks aminuts,the marzipan material looks great …but it is not exactly what I am looking for right now…I am looking for the material and light settings that pixolator used for these wax toys (see image attached):cry: Can you help me,please?

wax_material.jpg

hi,

Here is a link to Pixolator’s cool mat and lights. He posted a .zbr which you can load in the document window and that will load his material and light settings all you have to do is go to the respective menus and save the set up.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=13928

In the pic you posted Pixolator has used colored lights to give it color…he likes to do a warm and cold light with a neutral one in the middle so if you are looking for that exact look you will have to mess around a bit with the color of the lights.

if you have any troubles let me know and I will attempt to help you with some settings so we can get it how you want it.

:td:

jotajota, very beautiful mat ,thanks:+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks jotajota.:smiley:

You can get a few materials here

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=22783

stupendous material!!! bravo! :wink:

I haven’t seen any glass or translucent shaders presented. Come to think of it, many of the posts on the forum in general don’t use glass materials.

Any takers? Produce a convincing glass shaders with refraction, reflection, etc… maybe even some lighting to use with it?

este post es un challenge…yo lo invito a participar en el.
es una excelente oportunidad para explorar Zbrush… :+1:
this post is a challenge. . I invite it to participate in it .is an excellent opportunity to explore Zbrush

hi headbirth,

A son of Zeus? :wink:

A good challenge for sure.

I would like to point out some recent Water threads you might like to take a look at in the main forum…they might give ya some ideas.

I, myself, have been wanting to delve into this a bit and will try this weekend to play…I have some notions to try with some very little known even less used features of zbrush that I think I can make work for some interesting results…whatever they may be …it will be fun experimenting and if I get the results I want, I will definitely post up mats, lights, and a tutorial.

But first and foremost will be the next newbie challenge. Then and only then, I play!!

That’s great aminuts! I look forward to seeing the ressults.

After owning ZBrush for a year and not doing anything with it. I have finally gotten around to exploring and love what I’m seeing.

Well you can create a transparent material…but not one with refractions…for transparency you need two layers -you could use the refraction-option for transparency but then you need to bake the layer the object is going to “refract” …confused ?..i know i am !..
I think it all has to do with this program and the fact that it is not a 3D program in its essence…its a paintingprogram with an edge…the pixol…a pixel that contains material and dept information…sometimes it just needs layers to get a result…creating a material is not the final answer :confused:

i’ve included a render of a icelandscape and the material used to make the icebergs-or i should say snowberg- the material is not transparent…but you can set your own transparency in the material sliders …the icecube like material is an object drawn with RGB in a low setting, for more info about refraction surf to the thread from Bas !

fronzen landscape.jpg

jantim

jantim

Hey man,
You are THE MATERIAL!!!
Thx for your time.
bye
Leo

Hi Leo,

Are you going to make great looking snowgirls with it !?

jantim

SUper materials here! Respect to all who did’em :slight_smile:

fantastic , cool materials big thanks to all
:+1:

Thank you, Jantim!

:td:

I removed some more in protest