ZBrushCentral

African Warrior - Part II

African Warrior - Part II

Here’s another pass on this friend of mine, attempt number 2.
I changed the background to a more neutral tone, adjusted all shaders, added some white hairs, tweaked the model slightly, tweaked the shoulders slightly, reduced the displacement amount by 30% since it was too crunchy before, corrected camera lens distortion, removed all area lights and decided to render with a single HDRI, a different one this time. There’s always room for a LOT more adjustments, but as some say: art is never finished, only abandoned at some point. Now I need to go back to my current model in progress.

All forms sculpted in ZBrush, HD mode, using either ZBrush’s default brushes or derived from them. All maps polypainted manually in ZBrush. The HD geometry has about 72 million polys for the head/shoulders mesh. Rendered in Maya/Arnold. Groomed with Maya/XGen Interactive.

I hope you like it.
-Kris

AfricanWarrior_0000_Levels%201%20copy%207 AfricanWarrior_0001_Levels%201%20copy%206 AfricanWarrior_0002_Levels%201%20copy%205 AfricanWarrior_0003_Levels%201%20copy%204 AfricanWarrior_0004_Levels%201%20copy%203 AfricanWarrior_0005_Levels%201%20copy%202 AfricanWarrior_0006_Levels%201%20copy

41 Likes

This is absolutely stunning. So real.
This should not only be top row but the top of top row! great sculpt and thanks for sharing what you used.
Have a great day!

1 Like

Absolutely wonderful work, you are such an inspiration but at the same time you make me wonder why I keep struggle : )

1 Like

Awesome! :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful images! to me perfect in every sense, because it transmits and tell´s a story, which is almost as important

1 Like

Incredible

2 Likes

Great work look realistic , Love this

Really Brilliant Work, I always get inspired by your mind blowing works :fire:

Awesomely gorgeous work here, the hair and beard are masterful just by themselves and with everything else on top of all that…it just blows me away, congrats!