ZBrushCentral

Abnormal Termination with custom UI and Spotlight

Hi guys,
Since 2019.1 I have this crash 100% garanteed when doing the following :

1. First add a texture to Spotlight
  2. Hit Z to hide the Spotlight gismo : Instant crash

It doesn’t crash with Shift+Z

I found out that if I use a default UI the problem disappear, so I would have to remake EVERYTHING from scratch :disappointed_relieved:

If needed, I put my UI config file on this link (hope it’s allowed ?) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/29upd1kwcy2p2de/ZB2019-1_Tetsuoo_CustomUI.cfg

This problem happens only since 2019.1 or even 2019.1.2.
So… Is there a way to effectively downgrade ? I tried to go back to 2019 but it didn’t work (frozen white screen at launch)

Thank you

It doesn’t crash for me, sorry. I think you’re right to suspect your custom UI, especially if it was created in a previous version and ported forward, something that has generally not been recommended. All sorts of little things can change between versions.

Recreating a UI is a bit of a pain, but I believe they are taking steps to minimize the necessity of this in future versions. I wouldn’t really recommended downgrading over this, though. Previous versions aren’t officially supported, and you’ll be missing out on fixes for any number of other issues.

I followed the steps you described but it doesn’t crash for me either here in Win 10 using old custom UI and ZB2019.1.2, what’s your OS?

Well it was working fine since 2018 to 2019, it breaks with 2019.1 and 2019.1.2 so far :confused:
I’m on Windows 7. Thanks you guys for testing it out, at least now we’re sure that’s a specific bug with my system (which is not a good news but oh well x) )

Don’t feel bad. Having to discard a problematic custom UI from a previous version is not an uncommon problem. I’ve had to redo more than a few.

It might speed things along to take a screenshot of your old interface for reference, so you could be sure to put everything back where you’re used to it.