ZBrushCentral

A Monster

Hi man,
impressive work here, super texture and mood!:+1:
If you have time i have some question for you:

> bumpmap feature is one of my favourite features in Zbrush

what kind of technique have you used?

1. I'm learning XSI 5.0 and i'm tryng to use Zbrush in my workflow.The question is: you create the UV in XSI and then export the obj and UV in Zbrush, or create and paint directly in ZBRUSH(AUV or GUV?).
  2. Is only a single UV?
  3. Which material have you use in XSI?
  4. > i didn't use displacement, all i used is bump map, i am a bit scared by the render taht XSI gives out with displacement map, i havent heard any quick and easy way to solve that

If you are interested i’ve found a simple and easy workflow to obtein a Displacement. For me doesn’t work well when you have small and particular detail (skin or pores, in this case a bump is better)

Thank's for read and compliments again Bye Leo

Stunning work !

It should not be easy to eat with those big teeth ! :lol:

hey steve-
I’m curious, could you maybe post a wire of the bind pose?
I’m curious how he was sculpted before he was posed.
I totally want to see your concept work too. Put it up!!!

thanks,
-tiktok

…for sharing man! Your creature design is just excellent. Creepy and believable.

Well done! I’m curious as well to your bump mapping techniques!:wink:

I am so jealous of your work. What a clean mesh you have. Cant stop looking at this pic.

Can you render it in Zbrush just to see the differnce?
thank you for sharing.
Mathieu

well, I can say that you really catch the scary feeling for this character! Very good work :+1:

I hope stars amoutn will go up soon…

COuld you show zbrush models?

SUperb texturing and rendering…

Great stuff…inspiring!

i have to say u tottaly nailed it this is my first resonse to a model on zbrush but felt compeled to reply i can see the point about the teath but i say leave it i like it. your model is an inspiration to myself my only suggestion would be not to aply for any jobs for a couple of months i would hate to compete with it :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Great work man, is very good all. Congratulations!!!

marciani thanks man :slight_smile: lets see how many of these questions i can try to answer; 1. i use the Bump view material + projection master + alpha brushes for my bump map, when finished i will export out the texture and use it as bump in xsi. 2. i personally use xsi + maya to unwrap, no special reason other than the uv map looks prettier i think :slight_smile: 3. yup its single uv. 4. i have used the fast skin shader in XSI 5. 5. it will be awsome if you can share the method with me :slight_smile:

gpepper, MrLearner,Strannik,jesus bong, oldandgrim, Ivanperezayala thanks alot guys :slight_smile:

tiktok i have included the bind pose wires, concept art will be up tommorow :slight_smile:

Sebcesoir, mathieu77 i will try to get some screen caps tomro, thanks for the nice words~

binded pose

[](http://www.vfs.com/~3d55steven/Bwire.jpg)![Bwire.jpg|775x1000](upload://ugIwX3lxlGV3J1ThebHjU6iaue7.jpeg)

hi

am diggin your edge loops. see some in the arms and here and there that kinda confuse me as they seem kinda extraneous for the project at hand so was curious if this model is one you have worked out as a base for doing many characters or if ya just kinda changed the concept while sculpting away in z.

oh yeah in case I haven’t mentioned it already…hahaha yeah right…the more I look the more I like!! The world shall be your oyster I think…enjoy it!

Looking forward to seeing the finished reel. :slight_smile: Loved the bat dog you did. :slight_smile:

“The Mouth”
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=32235

Hi , Thx for reply
About the displacement map:

1. Export the mesh from xsi
  2. Import in Zbrush
  3. Store morph target
  4. Create UV projection and a new texture(4096*4096)
  5. Divide several ways and paint or sculpt(remember, all the small details is better in bump because are loss in XSI)
  6. Set your mesh at subdivide level 1 and press "switch"(morph target panel)
  7. Export your obj
  8. create displacement(see the pics)
  9. Import in XSI (insert the number in the alpha factor in Z brush)
Hope you help Bye Leo![disp.jpg|171x130](upload://cycRv7IYIr2DxUoAKqBVlAf7Anl.jpeg)![exp.jpg|873x562](upload://cHgehf5HUNlqlobISuvK8AMfsr1.jpeg)![imp.jpg|548x555](upload://Aw6ZrEMrRS3KpHeoO8TxstMstTA.jpeg)

3d55steven,

all that i CAN say is AMAZING!
I Areally love it!! perfect to me!
Alex Oliver

aminuts thanks for your nice words :slight_smile: the model is done specially for this character, i have changes some line flow on the arm after its posed because i needed some extra details.

Ismail W thanks man, i am working on my third model now, hopefully it will look ok when its done.

marciani thanks for the tutrorial!! i will definately try it soon, thanks lot

alexleia thanks :slight_smile: you work has been really inspirational for me, i have alot of your stuff in my refference folder :slight_smile:

here are the concpet drawings i did for this guy

![mos2.jpg|945x630](upload://a3h5eFG5seen73rTmrbtSeGfJn5.jpeg)

is great to see how close the model from the concept art is, congrats man! waiting for the next model!

very skillful sketches, scanned pencil on paper or SW?
However: excellent:+1:

my god those are some freaky lookin teeth…fantastic hands, great work.