ZBrushCentral

A Monster

hey cool man, glad to see that u agree at least with some of the things! anyway even if i said a lot of comments, is a really good model, just trying to help! keep the good work

Damn it~ You are so mean.
You made us dumb cuz your work is too good comparing ours.
I might kill you before we graduate.
No crits. I love everything you have done.

steven needs to teach me how to model :cry:

That is seriously cool! I love the colors you’ve used and the whole mood!

Impressed!

Where did u render this work?

Pilou

steve-
This is really great work…blows your last model out of the water. Really cool design…
keep it up,
-tiktok

Hi Steven, I was wondering if you want to share some of the steps of exporting and importing displacements into XSI, I been playing a lot with them and seems that never came properly into XSI, I did several tutorials and the pipelines but seems in some of those have mistakes, I guess having sush a elaborate model and finish you can give me some pointers based on your past experience, looks like not that many people using XSI and Zbrush, so Its not enough anwser to the problem.

Steve,

Forgive me man, since you mention that you’re dropping this in your reel I’m gonna put my Art Director’s hat on here and offer a small bit of constructive crit.

Overall…Wow. Very nice! I actually love the chest area. The chest to lower-neck and arm-pit region are perfect IMO. The droopy-saggy area gives extra creep to the character.

I think you should continue to atrophy the forearms much more…boney and veiny (are those words?). The hips could use a little protrusion as well. The shoulders could be sharpened up. His left hand seems too strong. I guess I feel that you have to go one way or the other – the forearms and upper thighs say lean and mean, while the chest says old and saggy and tortured.

Oh, btw…that ear is phenomenal.

Nice work. Very nice. :+1:

Cheers,

Jim

… bang !(that was my jaw hitting the floor, aaaaaaauw :wink: ).

I’m still not convinced about the tusks’s color… but that’s such a minor issue… (maybe a little more fleshy pinky(soft) or more like horns(hard)
or like steel (shiny)…they ask for the viewers attention so they should popout more…my 000.2 cents)

anyway this is one of the images I’ve have seen here … did I mention the pose and the expression :+1: :+1: :+1:
Lucky_1

Simply Outstanding

All The Best.

I Love It!!!
I Love This Style!!!
Incredible Work!!!

:slight_smile:

Simply amazing work! it has a very Lovecraft feel to it

I would love to see a wireframe of the model.

Keep up the great work!

Greg Punchatz

Totally awesome. Flesh is incredible :smiley:

Wanted to thank you for all your help so far. I appreciate it a lot. Awesome that your work got on the frontpage again. Very much deserved, beautiful stuff dude. Love it.

Creepy! Some great detail on this model. I love the detail in the neck.
Unusual mouth. What is the concept behind this character?

Always digging deeper.Dex-Digs.gif

Man, I can tell your this is freaking cool!

frightening, interesting, and high quality…
Perfect to me…

The most original idea I hvae ever come across.
Congratulations on such a fantastic model/image.

Your image is clean, neat and the atmosphere of the image really shows.
The detail is exceptional. My favourite part of this entire image would have to be this creatures ‘spider-like fangs’. They are the perfect size and shape for this creature.

Once again great idea and great imagination. Keep it up.

that is just so friggen crazy, and awsome as a piece of art work, I didn’t even realize or thought you couldn’t use bump maps in z-brush, I thought you actually had to deformate the mesh, or add noise to the material? WOW! this is very cool!

Mathetai thanks for your commets, as for the gender thing, i intended it to be an asexual creature (no sex), i know i sounds weird, but its the feel i got when i was designing “it”

Aminuts cheers, man, glad you like the change :slight_smile: i personaliy like it better with the red highlight too.

Metamesh thanks alot for your comments and c&cs, i love your reel and have a lot of respect for you, totally appriciate your crits :slight_smile:

Rjays dood…i am sure you will kill me,…with your next model i mean @_@!! when are you posting your awsome baboon??

Gigan …man…you ARE crazy…hey, where are working now?

Abyssis, LynneMitchell, Frenchy Pilou, Tiktok, Illusiondigital, M-in, DDs, Sebcesoir, Mattybyng thanks a lot for your support!!!

Xopek its rendered in XSI 5.0

Arkkitekktura sorry to disapoint you man…i didnt use displacement, all i used is bump map, i am a bit scared by the render taht XSI gives out with displacement map, i havent heard any quick and easy way to solve that :frowning:

Jimphillips2 totally apprciate your feedbacks :slight_smile: at this moment this guy is done (i have 3 weeks to finish my last model for my reel) hopefully i will be able to get the scholarship that VFS offers so i can touch up the model more :slight_smile:

Lucky_1 thanks for the comments :slight_smile: i will try to explore the texture on the spider mouth thinggy further when i get a break

Punchatz thanks man, i have included some wire shots for you.

Jelmer cheers dood, your desgin is looking pretty sweet too :slight_smile:

Webhead cheers man, the concept is pretty much a spider/man mutant in pain :open_mouth:

Spaceghost the bumpmap feature is one of my favourite features in Zbrush for now, its so easy to use and very effective :+1:

wires

![monsterwire.jpg|1000x1044](upload://kIYyrGgTKHQWXLKkpMYyoLjJDo0.jpeg)