ZBrushCentral

A little challenge...

What a wonderful, wonderful gift! I am going to bend this model, and twist it and break it and put it back together and pose it and generally have a real hoot. An amazing learning resource … thank you! Am I gushing? I’m just sooooo excited … :smiley:

Thanks gpepper, Zsphere’s have become my favorite tool - so darn flexible. I’m working on a pipeline process to transfer the info to and from animation scenes to zbrush where I can repostion the character/objects and literally add/change/manipulate as needed - I think the SDK will make it easier, at present it isn’t set up for cross platform as I’m cheating a lot. We’ll see in the future.

Thanks Moochie, that is why I have this thread going, and others. Feel free to post your experiments here for the value to others.

Hi Jason,

I initialized zbrush, brought in the ztl file as a load tool. When I hit A the upper body is all distorted. the brests are there then the area right above is pushed back into an L shape where the head is basically a formless blob.

Is there some settign I need to set that I am missing?

Thanks for posting this file, it’s a real help in learning zspheres

Hello big jay, that sounds weird. Are you on Zbrush 2.x?? Mac or Windows? Operating system?

I’ve supplied the scene file and the zsphere tool, this time with a base morph pose locked, try that.

It sounds like an old issue of resolution. If your document size isn’t great enough, some detail stuff doesn’t align correctly when you draw your character, then looks weird.

Another thing would be to add a zsphere as a test, say on the leg, this forces Zbrush to update, then try hitting ‘A’.

Let me know.

Hi Jason, great model :cool: … but I get the same problem. I’ve seen it before when I’ve loaded zsphere models downloaded from ZBC so I’ve posted a separate thread here.

Thanks Jason,

I am using windows XP with zbrush 2. I’ve never updated it so if there are updates I’ve never gotten them.

My canvas is about 1024x770.

I tried adding zsphere and no effect.

this one has same issue. Not wure what to do with zbr file

here is the zdr doc you sent me (i figured it out) this is at 1/2 the rez i work at normally

example.jpg

Yup, further tests by others seem to agree. Windows and the Mac version have issues in certain areas.

I’ll try to find a few minutes and approach it differently.

I’ll generate a script and test it. If it works, then people will just have to wait as it draws, then go from that point.

Very fustrating, as I use Zbrush so much in production, that this is going to cause a stir unless I can get it sorted ASAP.

:wink:

Thanks marcus_civis, it isn’t really though. So many things wrong, but it was a real fast rough. I’ll post the good version that can transform at a later date, now that I have this other thing to et solved for Windows/Mac compliance.

OK, sorry for my tardiness - I really am trying to help things improve for people.

Try this one, based loosley on Scott Campbell’s ‘Danger Girl’ style.

sample.jpg

Nice to see the different ways to build a figure :+1:

Thanks Bas, that afterall is the point of most threads I start.I love your work by the way. :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing this model! I’ll be giving it a try!

Well I hope it’s not as much trouble as the last one! :wink:

Any troubles Wenna?

OK a new one. Went back and stole some techniques from Pixolator! Not happy with the hands but anyone who wants to improve it, can. No magnets to mess things up from Mac to Windows, sorry about that in the past. :wink:

File here

[test.jpg]

Wow really cool suff !!! how were you able to project those images on planes in ZBrush (ima ZNewb)

Nice model Jason…:+1:

I have the same problem with the new model as with the old ones… When trying to view in preview mode, it looks like ordinary adaptative skin, with no detail or sculpting…

I’m on PC with Z2. Don’t know if it is still a MAC / PC issue :frowning: or something else (I try to raise up the resolution and/or to add Zspere without satisfying results)

Darn it! Apparently the Zsphere info is just so out of wack between PC and Mac that they cannot be shared.

So I think a Zsphere script will be needed to test if that will work and I’ll do that from now on. Assuming it works.

I apologize, the goal is not to fustrate people. I’m in the middle of several things, but will try to get a few moments to solve this issue. :wink:

Yhose who like the rough model, thank you. But really I just sculpted rather quickly following the awesome style of Scott J. Campbell.

As for the image in the background, if you want it on a plane, it must be a prefectly square image! Or as I did, load the image into the texture palette, move mouse over it to get dimensions, type those or double them into the document palette and resize, then under layer, fill - taadaa. Enjoy.

I apologize if I’m not responding fast enough, time, need more time… :lol: