ZBrushCentral

"A Lion Hunt"

Hi guys!

This is my first CG work. I have always liked oil painting, so I chose Rubens’s oil painting “A Lion Hunt”. Grace et véhémence is a contradictory theme that Rubens performed in this painting. So I want to show the magnificent momentum, rich colors, and strong sports sense of this painting by 3D. For the first time, I tried to create with ZBRUSH. I encountered a lot of problems during the process, but they were well solved. The work may not be so perfect, but I will continue to work hard.

Finally, I hope you likes it,thanks.

!

26 Likes

5 Likes

Uploading: 微信图片_20221011003646.jpg…

2 Likes

Uploading: 微信图片_20221011003513.jpg…

1 Like

Uploading: 微信图片_20221011005401.jpg…

Uploading: 微信图片_20221011005327.jpg…

10 Likes

Great work in first attempt. :slightly_smiling_face:

What a massive piece. Thank you for sharing and keep up the fantastic work!

A LOT of sculpting here :wink: Fabulous piece @rimi
Jaime

Amazing! :+1:

This is breathtaking! Contorting all those roiling forms into such a compact space and still make them fit the original painting must have been a staggering amount of work. I am awed!

For the curious, here’s a link to the original Rubens painting: The Lion Hunt, by Peter Paul Rubens

For a first ever work, it’s a masterpiece. You’ve obviously got tremendous talent and some great people teaching/helping you. Both are so important to developing into a phenomenal digital artist.

Beautiful ! I think Mr. Rubens would approve. Wondering how many of the old masters would have used 3D if it was available to them.

Absolutely beautiful piece!