ZBrushCentral

A Beginners Guide : Zbrush to 3DS Max Pipeline.

Ok, ive got a new place hosting the file now, it looks a lot better than the site i was previously using, so i dont think there should be any issues with this :slight_smile:

Heres the link:
http://www.box.net/shared/0yvohqcfum

Please let me know if it doesnt work :slight_smile:

Cheers

Adam

ps thanks for the kind offer cresshead :slight_smile:

The link works like a charm. Thank you very much for uploading this again!

I havenā€™t had a chance to look the guide over, but this sounds like a very nice workflow for me as I have 3ds Max on a different drive and thus it becomes a pain to switch around too much. This way I can just do most of the work on my main drive and switch over for rendering.

thanks alot!
i still want to learn how to quick and easy UV in Max, but now, until i find it out, i can do mapping your way )) thanks again :wink:

glad it works guys :slight_smile:

twitch - since writing this ive actually changed my methods around quite a bit, but the main processes are still there (i just use zmapper now and the best quality tangent space map, 4096x4096 usually) but i hope you can get some help from it.

cheerios

thanks a lot for this tutorial, much needed.

k.

I still have thosoe nasty seams in max 2009 . I have tried all settings in Zmapper but it just dont want to work for me :evil:

Iā€™m curious Adam, are you using Blender for the UVs because youā€™re not comfortable using maxā€™s UV system, or because you feel that Blender is far superior in that departmentā€¦enough to warrant installing another 3D app on ones system.

@dustinbrown - to be honest the reason i used Blender (and still do) is the level of support and tuts was better for it :stuck_out_tongue: havent tried the max tools yet as im still getting to grips with that program.

Iā€™ve switched things up from this process quite a bit too (but itā€™s still a VERY solid guide).

I decided to give UVLayout a spin after watching the help videos on their site:
http://www.uvlayout.com/

Wowā€¦you guys need to try this out if you havenā€™t used it. Actually, just buy it. Trust me. Itā€™s rediculously easy to do UVs with this thing. It pretty much makes the seams/cuts where you want, plops them to a UVMap and with a press of a button just flattens the mesh out for you (and looks really cool as it does it). Compared to doing UVs in MAX (or Blender)ā€¦well, there is no comparison. It makes the mapping process a 10 minute stress-free step.

And for the record, I love MAX but the UV tool is an overly-complex nest of chaos.

link u provided is dead

hi arunddd.

the link on the front page is dead, but if you looked on page 2 there is a new link (http://www.box.net/shared/0yvohqcfum). Unfortunately i canā€™t seem to edit the first post to update the link.

Hope the tutorial helps in some way :slight_smile:

The link in the first post has been fixed. Thanks. :slight_smile:

thanks so much aurick!
please can you also remove the text saying right click and select Save As, cos now you can just click the link and you will be directed to the host site (right clicking wont work).

thanks again for updating it :slight_smile:

could you please reupload it somewhere? id really love to see it but the link doesnt workā€¦

Hi raddy668.

Sorry about that. I have just looked into it and i am being told i am out of bandwidth from box.net

which seems odd to me as i log in once a month to keep it active so i guess the only other reason is more people than i thought (and who are thanking me) are downloading the tutorial. to be honest i dont have the free time to look around for the third time for decent hosting, so if you give me your email address i will email the tut to you (the curse of being in web development means NO free timeā€¦hence no zbrush posts in 3 months.)

savage.

id be very happy if you could send it to me :slight_smile:

my email is raddy668(at)seznam.cz

thx very much :slight_smile:

I tried to send you an email through the forum but it says you are not accepting emails.

Iā€™d like to get a copy of this tutorial as well please :slight_smile:

trunks209@gmail.com

lol sorry for the dramatics but if you could see the pile of hair next to my chair from trying to render out pictures for my portfolio you would understand! After the last couple months of scowering the www i have found only a few places that could help me and they all wanted my money:confused: . Being freshly out of college that is some thing i donā€™t even remember looks like. please if you could email me this guide and just any thing as far as tuts you have on zbrush, i am self teaching myself the program so anything helps.

thanks you so much for this tutorial and all the trouble to help get it out to thoes of us that need it.

romezfu@yahoo.com

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Can someone send thise to me:volkovi@bk.ru???Iā€™ll try to upload somewhere else.PLEASE