ZBrushCentral

4 Meats!

Wooow, I just downloaded it, amazing. Making a knot, inflate and twist it, fun!

It is those pesky Alien Crop Circles back again,:o :o :o this time they picked Zbrush to do there work…

To Be, Or Knot To Be…

3DJock

The cropweaver come in their strange ships at sunset, leave at sunrise and left behind is the crop circle we know. I was so lucky and got a shot of a flock of cropweaver’s descending on the landscape!
[cropweaver.jpg]
:DLemonNado

You don’t need to use markers to import all the objs into ZBrush. Just import the first obj then in the Tool>Import options click the Add button and then import the rest. For KnotPlot you’ll need to turn off all the flip and switch import options in the Preferences palette.

Lemo, that is truly scary. :slight_smile:

float.jpg

Hi Lemon, nice landscape! :+1: :+1:

And all the parts will still be editable? I didn’t know that … thanks, I’ll go play (don’t remember an Add button anywhere).

Cool pics Lemo … I’m still enjoying playing with the plain ol’ knots and going ‘Ooooh!’ and ‘Wheee!’ a lot. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life …
z05.jpg

About he add function. I played before with this function but the object is aways placed in the centre and cannot be moved to another position. I cannot understand why Pixologic did not programmed more functions to move, scale or rotate the imported object. Yes, we have the multimarkers but I do not like to work with it. They are a bit PixolUnlogic. It should be nice to have just one button to import an object or to import a ztl-file (why load tool). After importing an .obj-file there should be a popup like the import menu where we can find the add function. After importing several objects there should be a menu with the names of the imported tools and objects. Select a name and move, rotate or scale it. In that same menu we should have an option to drop the object to pixolmode.

If you want real control of several separate imported objects then use Marker Master. :wink:

But there is another way if you are using the Add button. It’s not as handy as the gyro but still functions well:

1. Import your objects using the Add button. They will be separate polygroups.

2. In Edit mode, Shift+Ctrl+click to show different polygroups and use the Tool>Masking>Mask All button to mask all except the polygroup you want to transform. Shift+Ctrl+click the background to show the entire mesh.

3.Use the Tool>Deformation>Offset slider to move the polygroup; likewise Rotate or Size to rotate or scale the polygroup. When you’re done press the Clear Mask button.

I agree it would be useful to be able to select polygroups by name.

I am using the tool made by the Master of plugins :wink:
But there are too much things to select and too much tricks to think about in ZB.
As a mac-user I like a clear, logic and friendly interface. MarkerMaster was made because many of us does not understand how things works. Just select the object and reshape it. The program has to do the job of multimarking and other things I do not want to know.

hy guys, but I wanna do this kind of thing with KnotMac, and I can do, but have a problem with same marker and centers…

I wanna take the exact center for all the knot , but I can’t ! When I do this , Zbrush delete my first marker !!! :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its impossible to be precise in Z… bul**** !

Smileman, keep smiling! This is what I mean about the Multimarkers… :rolleyes:

I suspect that the origin of your objects are occupying the same XYZ cordinates on the canvas, so each MM you place gets overwritten. To change the Center of your object goto the TOOL:DEFORMATION Palette and use the OFFSET slider to re-position the Center of your tool. You also may want to use the ROTATE slider to re-orientate the tool if needed.

Hope this helps

Just a note for anyone else who’s as slow as me … I found the Add button. It’s in Tools > Import sub-menu (not the quick tool tray at the top of the palette). And it does exactly what it says … the object builds up piece by piece in the little preview window in the Tool palette … when everything is there, you can draw the whole thing on screen. I had no idea this function existed. I love nice surprises.

Yeaaaa I know that, but I want the same xyz coord… Its impossible… to make a polymesh with the same xyz… :cry: I wanna die, I try many things to be on center to center, but the only way its to import obj mesh in other software… like c4d… :mad: :mad:

I’m mad, its one of the most simple thing to do… ! Hey Aurick, I think that’s a great option to have the same markers coord, to build a mesh !!! for Zbrush 3 on mac… in 4 years great !!!

I’m mad mad mad…

So simple and no options…

suicide solution !!! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Go buy Silo and stop complaining :D.
Lemo

<pats smileman tenderly on the head in a comforting and totally non-patronising manner>. There there, old thing. Breathe deeply. It wouldn’t be any fun if it was too easy.

Sorry I have already Silo, and I think pleasant for a usefoul software call Zbrush, to do that !
For the price, he can do !!!

But anyway I will try in Silo ! Good idea… I’m so mad !!!

Maybe there’s a secret, to build mesh, without good geometry, and excenter… og gosh… who can help me… nobody see that thing before…

But I think if we cannot make many markers in the same point, we cannot do that !!! Or explain me more …

Br

Nicolas :td: :td: :td:

smileman … you can do it! Look at the posts above about using ‘Add’ in the Tools > Import sub-palette. If making parts in ZBrush, use the Tools > Preview area to set the centre point and export as an obj. Then import using the ‘Add’ button and you can add several models together, all sharing the same centre point. If importing meshes from outside of ZBrush, they will also all have the same centre point.