ZBrushCentral

2018 and 2018.1 goz not sending to Maya

Anyone have a clue why in the new versions, GoZ isn’t sending over to Maya? I can go from Maya to Zbrush, but not the other way around.

Did you try the options in GoZ Preferences like “Update All Paths” and “Force Reinstall”? You can also try to do a Manual Installation.

You could also try the GoZ Installer located in your local ZBrush installation in the “Troubleshoot Help” folder.

the Goz installer in that tourbleshooting folder did the trick! Thanks!

So I recently updated to 2019 installed things to default directories and made sure the GoZ path was correct.

If I press the GoZ button on any subtool it will send over the mesh just fine. When selecting another subtool to send over…it does nothing.

Restarting Maya, I can click the Visable or All button for GoZ and sometimes it works. I’ve checked folder permissions, run as admin, cleared cache, reinstalled GoZ, and nothing seems to help. I don’t think the issue is with Maya though. as the connection for that 1 subtool stays active…i can make changes to it in maya and send it back, but any edits in zbrush after the initial send and it does nothing. Any insight or help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Zbrush 2019
Maya 2018.6

Windows 10
i7 8700
64Gb DDR 4 Ram
Samsung SDD 1TB
1080 ti video card

Update

Looks like doing a manual reinstall while running it as an admin did the trick.

**Another Update
Well I thought it had fixed it…but now it’s only sending the first subtool over. I dont know what’s changed and this is super frustrating.

Resolved

So I am not sure when this showed up in the GoZ versions but up until now I have never seen this "GoZ update button in its own window in maya. Pressing that surely does what the buttons named and things work just fine. In the past I never had to click another button…it would just populate…so I guess this is just something I didn’t know about.

The button is in its own screen on another monitor which is easily miss-able. Hope that may help others having issues. I have it working with 2018.6 currently.