ZBrushCentral

2 basic suggestions for future improvements

Hi there,
Zbrush had always a quite weird interface. I am using it now for years already.

1. Why don’t you give the user floating panels to stop the madness with scrolling and scrolling over again.
I also customized my interface to the absolute maximum, it looks like a cockpit, but this is not a solution and it’s a pain for people who are not addicted only to zBrush and working with 10 other softwares and then come back to zBrush into the scroll madness interface.

2. Why can’t you adapt the basic rule of ALL other softwares on the planet, of really ALL softwares and all engineers on this planet, that something which is SWITCHED OFF is just switched off and in this case must be INVISIBLE.
I am working on a layer and just want to toggle it on and off and it’s not possible, because the layer is of course selected while I am working on it. Or when I sort layers (which are switched off, my viewport changes. There are so many disturbing situations, these are just examples of many. I mean have a look at Photoshop to understand what since a quarter century already a layer means and what is logically.
At least enable the option in the preferences, so people can choose (and nobody will stick after two years to this wrong system.

These two things (next to the still quite limited subtool panel, despite it’s a bit better now) are the absolut minus points of zBrush.

Thanks in advance for reading this and considering this.