ZBrushCentral

zscript for layers

Why exactly?

mainly for learning purpose, and also it would help zscripters to create better tools.

There is some of the code at the top of this thread and Iā€™m always happy to help with specific questions. A lot of zscripting is trial and error which is how Iā€™ve learned much of what I know.

Marcus,
Now it works flawlessly.
And there are new options! Gonna explore them asap.
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thank you, Marcus. Im collecting all of your plugins and code examples you post at zbrushcentral.

1 Like

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for making these scripts!

The Layer Recording Mode Toggle would be highly useful for me at the moment.
Unfortunately, all the ā€œVisibleā€ and ā€œAllā€ SubTools functionality isnā€™t working for me with the current ZBrush version (2021.6.6). I get errors when using the plug-in (SCRIPT: LayerTools_2021.txt [IModGet,368])

Would love to see it updated for the new version!

Hi,

Welcome to ZBC! :slight_smile:

Try this version for ZBrush 2021.6.6:
LayerTools_2021_6.zip (534.8 KB)

Marcus

Thank you so much for the update, Marcus!

For me, the Layers On and Layers Off functionality is now working for Visible and All SubTools. However, the Record and Visibility functionality still only applies to the active SubTool. Also the Recording button turns off the PolyPaint for some reason.

The plug-in would be super practical to have as a default ZBrush plug-in actually if this was fixed!

Thatā€™s all intended. For example, if you want to paint color on a layer make sure the Color option is on.

Marcus

Does this still work with 2021.7?

Iā€™m getting the following error whenever I try to turn layers off\on with ā€œSelectedā€ on. After this error pops up, none of the other options with this plugin do anything or give any error.

Rec on, does seem to work though.

A new version is needed for 2021.7 because the interface has changed.
Here it is:

LayerTools_2021_7.zip (534.8 KB)

Marcus

2 Likes

Works perfect! Thank you again Marcus!

1 Like

@marcus_civis

Dear Marcus,

Any chance for an update compatible with ver. 2022?

Or maybe there is some other new functionality / script in 2022 that turns layers on/off, sets the recording mode for all the subtools Iā€™m unaware of?

I can hardly imagine working with transpose master->layers without such toolā€¦

Many thanks in advance!

I havenā€™t yet tested but the version for 2021.7 should works properly with 2022.

Hope it Helps,
Nicolas

Version for 2021.7 starts in 2022 fine, you can for example turn on recording (but works only for current subtool, not for selected/all/visible).

Unfortunately, when you try to turn layers on/off it returns this message: (then stops to run). image

Did I miss something maybe?

Thanks!

yes the WinID has changed from 375 to 402 in ZB2022. So we need to wait after @marcus_civis to edit the code and share a new version of the layerTools.

Nicolas

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Hereā€™s a new version for ZBrush 2022.

LayerTools_2022_02.zip (300.2 KB)

Marcus

[Revised March 15 2022]

5 Likes

Many thanks! I need some time to test it, but thank you already, good sir! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This script is soooo goood . Thanks for the updates.

Would be cool to be able to Toggle ā€œREC and NEWā€ on for all subtools / visible and not just the currently ā€œselectedā€ only.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into that! Glad you like the script. :slight_smile:

Marcus