ZBrushCentral

WIP Skeleton warrior

I play this game that’s coming out soon called trench crusade. It’s a tabletop game and I’ll be designing my own models for it at 28mm. I’m working with a stylized form called hero scale which is for both readability of the game piece on the table top and better durability.
trenchskelref
The design I came up with is for an undead war party affiliation called the trench ghosts. They fight in an endless war in a ww1 period of an alternate timeline. The character is equipped with the types of weapons that are available to his faction.

I make a lowish poly skeleton that I can use for other skeleton models later on. It’s blocky mesh and separate poly groups make it easy to rescale and pose. They also make sharp crisp details that will paint well right in the beginning.
skeletonlopolwire
I use simple materials and colors to get a feel of what the miniature will look like painted on the tabletop.
skeletonlopol
Blocking in the equipment in blocky shapes and separate poly goups till I get the proportions scaled properly. There are still some adjustments needed on this pose and some of the parts need to be thicker.
trenchskeletonsmultirender
I fill simple colors and materials oin the separate polygroups as I work. This is so that I can always get a view of what it will look like painted and during a game. I don’t want details so small they are not visible or hard to paint.
trenchskelmult
I am going to finish that up in low poly and then start going higher for some more organic and flowing shapes and polished surfaces.

3 Likes