ZBrushCentral

Unable to connect to license server DLL

FYI, I just built my own system a couple of weeks ago:

i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe MB
6 GB RAM
Vista 64 SP1, fully updated, no virus software installed at that point, UAC still activated, all other security and other settings still set as default.

I too had an error at the point that ZB3.1 was attempting to get licensed. I set the executable to ‘run as admin’ and it worked and got licensed on the first try. I initially ran under an admin account, and also now run the program under admin as well, so at first I didn’t think I would have to set ZB to ‘run as admin’.

Not trying to disrespect anyone, but as Aurick says, it isn’t a universal problem.

Oh, it’s not universal, but I certainly have tried every permutation of Run As Admin, UAC off, and compatibility modes (not to mention a few hair-brained schemes). I have done this for both the program itself and its installer. They have told me there is an issue for some people and they are working on it, but currently have no solution. Unfortunately I don’t know enough about their system (and what exactly it is doing at that point) to guess at other solutions.

Hi,

I just recently downloaded the trial.
And I also keep getting the error: Unable to connect to license server .DLL

I have tried everything suggested on this forum and more.
Nothing works.

3ds works perfect and blender (my substitute for Zbrush at the moment) also works perfectly. I’m growing desperate. 2 strokes away from wiping my OS.

I run Vista home premium x64
Geforce 8800 GT DDR3 1 gig
4 gig of RAM.

We have never been able to duplicate this issue, which makes finding a solution all but impossible. We are continuing to investigate, but I have no advice to offer at this time.

The next release of ZBrush will use a new activation system. The new system will be immune to this issue, as well as to the problem that some users with RAID drives have.

I am very sorry to double post.

BUT, I managed to get Zbrush 3.1 to work.

I did: - Wipe OS (Vista premium x64)
- reinstall all the updates.
- Aply every possible C++ visual runtime library imaginable.
- Double checked the framework.net versions.

I can’t put my finger on what really fixed it. But my gut is towards the framework.net because its the only thing I forgat to doublecheck before OS wipe.
Though it seemed interesting for future reference to mention it.
I’m sure there will be more people looking for a solution.

I know how you feel, im int he same way =/

How do i Update my framework? thing?

Framework3.0

Framework 3.5

I hope this helps you.
Don’t give up just yet.

It took me 3 days (including data back up) but I managed to do it in the end.
Works wonders for your ego.

Thanks for the link man but i cant seem to install the 3.0 version it gives me this error " Turn on Windows Features on or Off ", im runing vista 64bit btw.
also i cant run the 3.5 gives me A setup is running in the background, restart or cancel. ect.

I have no idea what that might mean.

Lets see… first hit. :slight_smile:

If all fails I would reinstall your OS and follow the steps in my post.
Don’t forget if you are scared to loose current data on your ‘C’ drive.
You can install Vista without deleting the old ‘C’ data. It only takes a small hour depending on your machine.

I hope this helps you.

I got to install the 3.5 without reinstalling my system. Just downloaded the whole 3.5 update file SP1 from the site.
zbrush still wicked =/

The fact that different fixes work for different users unfortunately reinforces that it’s not something specific that causes this problem. We will continue looking into this and hoping to find a universal solution. I have a feeling, though, that the only real solution is going to be the new activation system when we can release the next version. As I said before, that system will be immune to this issue.

For now, I’m afraid that the only solution that’s likely to be sure-fire is reinstalling the OS. That is something that I really, really hate to suggest though! (I’ve reinstalled my own way too often over the years to have anything but sympathy on that count!)

What if my system came with the OS? recovery?

I actually managed to fix this problem when I encountered it. Turns out I didnt have access on this “HKCR\SSCProt.SSCProtector\CLSID” in the registry. So I went there and gave myself ownership and set my premissions to full control and it worked! This might not be the exact key that is bugging you, so use microsoft’s Proccess Monitorand look for things that say “Access Denied” or something along those lines. Hope this helps you all! :smiley:

Sorry to bump this out of no where, but would it be possible for an admin to allow me to send invisghost an e-mail

After reading his suggestion, Ive found that the same registry key is denying me access, but I am unable to change the permissions of this key. I want to ask invisghost how he managed to do it, but his account is not set to allow people to e-mail him.

D:

The 64 bit version of Vista has a 32 bit registry and a 64 bit registry.
There are also two versions of the regedit program, on for 32 bit and one for the 64 bit registry.
You also have two Program Files folders - Program Files and Program Files (x86).

You should have installed ZBrush in the Program Files (x86) folder, as a 32 bit program. Run the normal Regedit program as an Administrator. That should work. (You will be updating the 32 bit registry.)

email me. invisghost [at] gmail [dot] com.

I became a member of the site just to thank invisghost for his awesome fix. This worked for me and I hope is the answer for all encountering this same issue.

Thanks!

I too just joined this forum to thank InvisiGhost for his ingenious fix! Thank you!!

What I did:
I had to disable UAC first, got the lastest frameworks 3.0 with all features on,
then went into regedit, Edit Menu-Permissions-then clicked full control to administrator, then went to HKCR\SSCProt.SSCProtector\CLSID , right clicked, clicked Permissions, added Administrator (if not there) and clicked Full Permission. It works now! Thanks a lot!