ZBrushCentral

The "15 Minutes not more!!" thread.

Next one is not a challenge with voting, winner or deadline.

The challenge is to get ready, the rest is pure fun!

The rules:
Start with a sphere, look at your watch and stop after 15 minutes. :sunglasses:
In this time a character should be completed with all he needs.
Hands, feet, fingers, wings, tails whatever.

Feel free to contribute your work here, BUT!

Be honest guys! The force is watching you. :evil: 15 Minutes!

I will start with mine, done in 15 minutes and 25 seconds :roll_eyes:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

MausPersp.jpg

Attachments

MausFront.jpg

MausSide.jpg

You should really have called it the" 16 Minutes not more" thread as you are now wanted by “THE FORCE” :smiley:

You are correct…
The mouse had also genitals, you know…but

00:14:45

gollem01.jpg

Attachments

gollem02.jpg

gollem03.jpg

Wow Serek!
A blast!
I wanted to do something different this time, but in 15 Minutes things just happening :smiley:
14:45

DDog_Persp.jpg

Attachments

DDog_Front.jpg

DDog_Side.jpg

15 Minutes are tough fun!
I am wondering how far Zbrush user can get in this time?
Starting with spheres for the body?

KerlPersp.jpg

Attachments

KerlHinten.jpg

Jeez…15 Min. Thats a bit short. :wink:

This took me a little over 5 minutes. It’s not very good but it was the first thing I tried to make after downloading Sculptris. I love this prog especially the Grab feature and the ability to freely rotate the model with just the rmb, it’s what makes it for me. I’ve tried Zbrush and it’s a bit beyond me and I haven’t found a grab feature like the one in Sculptris in it :frowning:

15minbeast.jpg

Ran out of time for the hands and feet, and a lot of the shapes are reeeeealy sloppy :lol:

Great Practice for sketch…

nice one Vis great speed sketch :+1:

I wanna do a Cartoon portrait but in 15min just finished head… :cry:
[Speed15-01.jpg]Speed15-04.jpg

Attachments

Speed15-02.jpg

Speed15-03.jpg

It’s tough, isn’t it? :smiley:
But I experienced myself doing instead of thinking - which is sometimes better.

I hate doing fingers and toes. When I am forced to do it quick, I do it somehow. If I am doing it slowly, I want a 100% result, which I am not able to, so I am doing nothing. Conclusion fast and bad is better than slow and nothing! :D Visgoth - Yes! I had you in mind when I started this thread. Outstanding for 15 Minutes!! But when even the one with most practice is not able to finish -may be we should extend a little bit? Really promising result from all of you.

New rules!

So let us say one pic after 15 Minutes which have to be as much as possible. One pic after 30 Minutes - finished. BUT - do it in two sessions 15 Minutes each! One minute more or less ;) Minimum 5 min. break in between doing something completely different. First session "Blocking out" as much as you can! Second session: Look carefully what you have done and drag around proportions until you satisfied. After that finish details ;) Seeing the difference between first and second pic will mindblowing! Those who already have done the first 15 Minutes can take one of those sculpts to go further on if they want to. Please post first session pic again and finished pic directly below ;)

We want to see progress :smiley: :smiley:

Hey Knacki…Great Idea for a thread.:+1: Sculptris is perfect for this sort of speedsculpting approach :slight_smile: Will give me a chance to get out the kinks and cramps and to practice…:smiley: THANKS :+1:

Working from imagination, my own
First 15 Min.

SPEEDSCULPT 1.jpg

Attachments

SPEEDSCULPT 2.jpg

Nice to have you in here, Spirit.

Here is my first under new rules:

15Min
Giraffe.jpg

That’s much better. Still hard to “finish” but better!

Attachments

Giraffe15M_Persp.jpg

Giraffe15M_Left.jpg

ok I wanna thanks, Knacki for this good thread.
and wanna shear here a free tiny Timer Pro that help me to just focus on sculpting and not watching the watch:D
ctscrshot.gif
click on pic

Of course there is lots of free other Timer pro... I just feel that this one is handy...

this one I did before new rule, just in one 15 min.
[SpeedHeadfirst15.jpg]

15min.
Girl15_Front.jpg

I am still much too slow!

Attachments

Girl15_left.jpg

Girl30_front.jpg

Girl30_left.jpg

Girl30_back.jpg

I stopped it after 14 Min. when I inflated the hands by error, so the mesh got pretty much unsusable.

Result:

[crap2.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]crap2.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=241177)

Arrgh.
Good start and pretty far!
I am trying to avoid inflate tools.
Too often errors or self intersecting meshes as a result.

Me I painfully have to recognize that I have to study anatomy.
I have to study it a lot.
Only if you absolutely know what you are doing one is able to do it that fast.

I keep it coming. I am really wondering if other guys with other tools are faster? Or is it finally just a matter of skills? :wink:

Nice going guys…They should get a little better, and easier with each new try, as they seem to be doing.
Instead of creating totally from imagination,and seeing how I don’t have a live model to work from, …i’m going to start using refferences from books as an aid…Old Master Drawings,…Burne Hogarth studies ect…just easier for doing these speedies that way, and is still good practice…can never go wrong studying the masters,…old and new…:slight_smile:

Second try/ Burne Hogarth study…first 15 min.

SCULPTRIS SPEEDSCULPT 5.jpg

Attachments

SCULPTRIS SPEEDSCULPT 6.jpg

first 15 min
[15-01.jpg]facedit02.jpg

Attachments

15-02.jpg

facedit01.jpg