ZBrushCentral

Stuart's sketchbook

Hi Priest
Man thats a hell of a lot of work that went into the toe, can’t wait to see your progress as you add to it
love that hubless bike of yours reminds me of a Co. named OSMOS that made some bikes like yours.
Great renders
all the best to ya
Lou

Thanks for the compliment Lou. I appreciate it.

Toe. Meet foot.

That’s a wrap for today. I’ll go easy on the updates from now on.

All Zbrush for modeling - C4D for rough render.

Wonderful work … Such attention to detail! :smiley: Can’t wait to see more!

Cheers, David

Hello Preist!Your work and the rendering are very interesting!

The role of light(s) and its behaviour with material is very important in rendering…And vRay (but also the standar renering engine in Cinema 4D) can really boost our creation in Zbrush.

Why don’t you try to render something with Octane Render…If you ave a Nvidia GPU you can really fly high…

Really beautiful work!!

Cheers,
Josh

I have octane and use it for simple motion graphics projects, but I intend for this mech to have more than a 100 million polygons. Octane will let me push around the 10 million mark, but no more.

Thanks for looking ‘vfxdaily’ and ‘chalkman’.

Woow 100 million polygons…Very heavy for Octane Render (but also for any other software :slight_smile: )…Maybe you can try some decimation and try to render at 5/8 millions in Octane.

For some stills works Octane ,in my opinion is unbeatable,especially if you have 2 high end gpu…

Anyway,compliments again!

FM

wow ur mech sculpt are great. and u improved ur skills very quick. also like your robo-designs. like the one with the wood background! :slight_smile: great presentation. :smiley:

I’m currently at around the 3 million poly mark with a ton of decimation.
Quick test - In motion; https://vimeo.com/67990514

Small update;
I’d hoped to avoid making the joint sections overly simple, but it was sort of inevitable.
I’ll probably add wires/tubes in these areas to make up for the simplicity of it all.

foot_010_zb.jpg

it’s turning out very cool, love the design…don’t worry about complexity you can add more and more details after concepting the main blocks - excellent work

i see your all works. really cool works. especially your last work and machinariom illustration :+1:

That is killer, looking forward to seeing more:+1:

Update: Most of the work in the Hip joints is temporary. Just to get a sense of placement. Few mistakes to fix.

About 80% Zbrush so far. Rendered in C4D.

Mech parts at its best…Amazing…cant wait to see it finished.

Just amazing … such intricacy! Cant wait to see the finished piece! :smiley:

all the best, David

Damn how many times I gonna say this: “I envy your renders!”. You kick ass!

Seriously… one of the coolest mech I’ve seen. Very well done so far. Keep it up.

Just wondering, do you follow some kind of reference… or you just “go with the flow” ?

Thanks guys.

Pushing away from ZBrush a little more here. Using mostly for custom low poly mesh inserts and additional detailing.
Still it’s been of huge benefit to have this easy ‘detailing’ workflow and will serve me well when designing the hangar bay environment.

Here’s an update all the same. I’ll post the final when its done.

cockpit8.jpg