ZBrushCentral

Sketchshido's concept models

Sure! The final finished model had about 39.5 mil, I also had a decimated model that was roughly 19 mil. Since it didn’t seem to make a big different performance-wise in Keyshot, I just went with the full model.

Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 1.41.46 PM.jpg

Attachments

Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 1.41.46 PM.jpg

I can totally see your Mech Model being rigged in placed in a production or a kick ass game environment. Your organic modeling skills are just as clean and purposeful as your mech modeling.
Congratulations on the Top Row and I look forward to seeing more bad ass work from you in the future!

Awesome works ! Just saw them appear in the last FZD cinema video. Congrats for the hard work, everything is fantastic !

what would be the best workflow to decimate the poly amount to something more usable for animation ?

Congrats on supercool work! Love the mech and that you are doing organic stuff as well.

I am in the same boat but after forcing myself to do some basic hard surface stuff in zbrush I can assure you that you will come up with shapes you never thought possible while using applications you know well. That is because of the process and because trying something different opens up a huge number of possibilities. With zbrush you can just jam on volumes while working in other programs it is more like following a preconceived plan. That is a personal view though.

I had to double-take when I first saw that mech, “All ZBrush?” Excellent job.

The mech is definitely my favourite, my compliments!!

Well done, love the final output.

Any chance of a video on one of the parts to help give us an idea of your work flow.

Thanks for the share:+1:

I like the stance and color scheme on the Predator/Alien design.

Really nice work, very inspirational!

Astounding work! That mech machine is flawlessly done. A true inspiration to a beginner like me. I’ll be working hard to achieve such levels of quality. I can’t wait to see more from you!

Hey guys,

Please visit http://sketchshido.com for more images and better quality!

I was approached by 3D Artist Magazine to be a part of their March issue. Initially, I told them I didn’t have any cool zBrush tricks to share since I’m not really a 3D modeller. Then they invited me to share my design process and how I use 3D to create a design.

I decided to stick with what I’m more comfortable with, and designed this mech using John Park and Ben’s techniques. I didn’t have as much time as the last mech I did, but hopefully this sells the concept.

I also wrote a tutorial to accompany the images, but I will release that part when the actual magazine releases for anyone that may be interested.

Thank you!

111.jpg2222.jpg

3Dartist_render.jpg
3Dartist_ortho.jpg
process_01.jpg

Attachments

3Dartist_render.jpg

111.jpg

2222.jpg

3Dartist_ortho.jpg

process_01.jpg

Excellent work, also great to see the process.

Realy nice design !

Nice! Thanks for sharing the process :slight_smile: