ZBrushCentral

SCULPTRIS CHALLENGE No.3

We are in classic Sculptris territory with this one:

The Hybrid Creature Challenge. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to assemble an extraordinary creature from diverse organic parts: mammals (including humans) , fish, reptiles, birds, insects, plants, viruses etc can all be used. Use no fewer than three constituent creatures, but as many more as you wish. Challenge begins: NOW!!! Friday 1st October Challenge ends: 1 WEEK...ish.

Multiple entries are permitted.
Entries must be posted on this thread.

Have Fun! :D

Here’s an idea …maybe you could put the date of the start and end of the
challenge in the challenge instructions for people like me that have short term memory loss…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Friday October 1st. 2010…

But then I would have to stick to it and be punctual. :cry: OK, I’ve amended it.

Looks like this will be a fun one :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Theres nothing vague about the start is there…you could vague-ley give a possible date for end… any way just an idea after all your the one making the effort and doing all the work to make these challenges happen , So thank you in advance ! (as he brown noses his way to stardom with his ever sharp wit and sarcastic demeaner ) :lol:

And by the way thats a great idea for the Challenge… Gonna actually have to think about it for a while…Is this challenge Sculptris Only?

Lol. Thanks guys.
Brown-nosing me is pointless as I have zero influence on the outcome…but you and Tartan are my favourites. Joint first place I say. :lol:

Yes, Sculptris only.

Oh dear, that will be a delightful mess, I’m sure. :lol:
Looking forward to it. Thanks, dreamz!

Alrighty, this is kind of a work in progress now, but I liked it so much already that I just can’t hold back:
chimera_snap04.jpg

Attachments

chimera_snap05c.jpg

dreamz>> Thanks dreamz and … Again a great idea ! :slight_smile: :+1:
Taron>> Love it man! Really mean it… absolutely the best one of all entries! there isn’t any other one yet? no problem… I’m not going to change my words … :smiley: :+1:

hehe Captain. Well done Taron, Nothing like a flying fish that warns you when you get too near :laughing:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hi Taron, this is awsome.

Ah come on! Can we get a challenge with no Taron? LOL

Great entry Taron, I didn’t expect to see such skill on the first entry.

oh wow, this is…amazing!!! Taron
hmmm now I really have to grab all my talent together to get me going on this one;)

Eeek, captain Nemo, damnit…now this one’s going to develop in vein…

catinka_02.jpg
Again, I will update this here, but want to show WIP snaps…
Initially I thought this was going to be ambitious, but so far it wasn’t all that hard. Let’s see about the texturing. I added the horse-tail to increase the difficulty and I’m sure it’ll show to be the challenge soon…

…and, YES, the texturing is very challenging. I can’t make up my mind about the materials and it gets a bit chewy in there performance speed wise at 5 materials (catskin, humanskin, mantis, eyes, black).

THANKS, everyone already. Well, this one is a sculptris parade challenge, really, so we should all show our best! :wink:

WOW…Nice one Taron…:+1: …The snake fish one…You’ve set the bar pretty high with that one…:smiley:
I like the first image of the snake fish piece best…Has a oneness to it…but the second one is also great too.:slight_smile:

Your too fast.:smiley: .Had to edit this post to say the cat one is also looking Great.:slight_smile:

And…Once again…Thanks Dreamz…for dreaming up another great one…:+1:

Thanks Spirit! Yeah, I figured I’d explore different kind of chimeras… natural flow and wild combinations. If I were to keep it up, I’d have 10 of them by the end of it, haha, but I think I’ll let you all catch up for a while… that was one heck of a fun day today! :smiley:

oh my another wonderous creature with utter fascination, Taron:D

okay, I can’t concur in any way with that, but nevertheless here is my first try:
The Liwofrobutty

Liwofrobutty1.jpg

Mermaidine…:+1:

This should be a fun, great, and imaginative challenge…Thanks Dreamz…:+1:

Creature #1 blockin
Weasel/ermin/marten/fisher/otter…fish tail…wings…maybe insect wings//dragonfly/damselfly, or bat wings…undecided at the moment…but the initial general idea is in place.:slight_smile:
Thinking of funtionality of added body parts in relation to the hunting habits of the creature,and how they might enhance it’s ability to hunt…in this case the weasel.

I’m doing as Taron has suggested…Posting my progress shots in this one post to keep the challenge uncluttered.
I will post my progress wip shots WIP. in my personel CG Talk Sketchbook Thread…The link is posted below.

I don’t know how to get to this stage of developement in Sculptris yet, so I took my foundation piece made in Sculptris, and cheated by using ZBRUSH, and Corel Painter #10…Hey whatever works…:smiley: :grimacing:
I don’t expect this piece to quilify for the voting part of this challenge, and it’s not a problem for me…I just had to do it my own way, and in a way that I feel is best for the piece.The piece itself always comes first, and is never subject to rules, well intended or not…:slight_smile:

Ermin Batfish

ERMIN BATFISH 34.jpg

Attachments

WEASEL FISH 2.jpg

WEASEL FISH 1.jpg

WEASEL BAT FISH.jpg

WEASEL BAT FISH 1.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 3.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 4.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 6.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 7.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 14.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 15.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 24.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 21.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 29.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 30.jpg

ERMIN BATFISH 35.jpg

Fantastic New Challenge Dreamz! :slight_smile:

But, Taron… Damn! We have already the Winner! Ah ah ah! You Rock Fratello! :cool: