Quick start videos

Hello everyone,

To make certain new users to sculptris get a running start i have created two video tutorials. By collecting them in a single post and having it stickied i hope everyone will be able to easily find and use them. While you are free (and welcome) to add handy tutorials to this thread i wont be continuously updating the first post to create a single list (time constraints). This doesn’t mean it cant become a nice useful resource though!

I hope you will enjoy the video’s and working with sculptris! :slight_smile:

Sculpting Primer

In this video ill show you all you need to know to sculpt in sculptris and i show you a few things to pay attention to which will help you get the most out of dynamic tesselation.

The following topics are touched:

- Navigation
  - Brush controls
  - Dynamic tesselation how it works (and why you care)
  - Brushes

[Link to video](http://vimeo.com/12186535)

I also created a "cheat sheet" which shows the most important  shortcuts. (with this version shortcuts cannot be reassigned yet)

[Link to "Cheat Sheet"](http://home.casema.nl/jw.v.dronkelaar/sculptris_cheat_sheet.pdf)

Painting Primer

In this video i will be painting a little rabbit while making certain all aspects of the painting module will get covered.

[Link to video on Vimeo](http://www.vimeo.com/13982936)

The following topics will be touched.

- UV texture painting VS vertex painting
    - Brush settings
    - Painting with color
    - Using masks
    - Using cavity painting
    - Using multiple materials
    - Painting with bump
    - Using photoshop in conjunction with sculptris
    - Exporting your maps for external rendering

Dont forget to post your experiments, wips and finished works on the forum! :+1:

3dioot

Stickying this for now, until we have a tutorial/help subforum. These videos should be a pretty good starting point for new users.

Great stuff! 5 stars.

awesome! thanks for making this a sticky. the Video outlines are very helpful.

I’m so pleased these tutorials have found a home :D:+1:

Awesome. Just… remove the apostroph from the title, pleeeeeeze? “Videos” is a simple plural!

edit: Thanks! :smiley:

Hi 3dioot,

I moderate an Sculptris group at DeviantArt. If you are there we will feel very happy if you want to add the cheatsheet as a deviation to the group.

Just email me: info@hiperia3d.com

(Don’t want to post the link here, to not spam.)

Wonderful work!

Oh well thats it then. :slight_smile:

Just got back a few days ago from my vacation to Ireland. Lovely place, definitely worth a visit if you ever run out of inspiration for holiday destinations. :wink:

Glad to see this got stickied. Thanks DrP for doing so and everyone else for the nice comments. :slight_smile:

3dioot

I would love to have this sculped skull! Anyone know how to get it?

Nice! I also wont post a link to my tutorial video!

as it’s already below on my signature :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to view these. Unfortunately I can’t stream videos :frowning:
Any chance there’s a normal non-video version of these tutorials?

thanks a lot for these videos 3dioot
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hello, I am attempting to obtain the asset for your tutorial on the nose and each time I fill out the registration form on drpettr I get a message telling me I used the wrong form and to use the form below which is the same form I filled out the first time.

Confused:o

thanks for any assistance

willt

Posted by Teria:

Awesome. Just… remove the apostroph from the title, pleeeeeeze? “Videos” is a simple plural!

Well, if your going to be that picky, could you please put an “e” at the end of apostroph. Also, I’m quite sure that isn’t how you spell please. :lol:

Posted by willt:

Hello, I am attempting to obtain the asset for your tutorial on the nose and each time I fill out the registration form on drpettr I get a message telling me I used the wrong form and to use the form below which is the same form I filled out the first time.

There is a form? I presume that you are trying to download the Basemodel for the tutorial. Try the following link and see if that works for you.

Basemodel

Thank you,

That got me right to it.

willt

thank you 3dioot for these valuable tutorials !

Thank you for these wonderful tutorials. I just finished Primer 2! Keep up the great work.

Is there any info on GoZ with Mac side Yet?