ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: PaintStop plugin for ZBrush 3.1 Windows & ZBrush 3.2 MacOSX

hahahaha… what’s up next? zbrush does my coffee and sings sweet lullabies when i go to sleep?
haha… this seems to be a great tool for quick concepts and daily doodles.
great stuff.

-r

Zbrush is the best app I have bought in 10 years.

okay, maybe i can resist now to hype it,… but this is really cool. I’ll give it a try now. I love Painter and alias sketchbook, etc for their natural style, if this tool manages to do the same, my pipeline will shrink again. =)
For the guys in Europe, its nice news after lunch =)
Imho the name is quite easy to remember, although its a bit confusing in its meanings.

keep it up!

edit: I tried it, and the feeling is great. For me, it also has the “easy sketchbook flair”, just open it, and you’ll have a canvas and a pencil rightaway.
The only thing I’m missing are the features of the other brushes in Zbrush, like spray, etc. But hey, this version was born hours ago, and its in the best of health. =)

ok, just tried it. yes, it is cool, but maybe I’m not thinking about this right…

Why have this in Zbrush if it can’t be dropped onto a model?
Why have this if I can’t take advantage of MatCaps or StandardMats/Lights?
I assume that pixols are behind the depth of the fake brushes, but I can’t find a way to paint onto a croppedandfilled displacement map to drybrush over some height (which would be excellent).

Pros: Why buy mudbox or painter if Zbrush can do both?

Cons: because the Autodesk and Corel developers have a narrower task to win at.

I’m scarred for you Zbrush. Stop lying to yourself. You know who you are, you’re a 3d program baby, just admit. Although, I’ll love you just the same.

This is so fantastic. Pixologic you always find a way to impress us with every anouncement! Can not wait to try it out! What a fantastic support and offer.

A BIG THANK YOU PIXOLOGIC! :smiley:

This is pretty cool alright, another freebie is always welcome!

Two questions though: Two layers…? Seriously?

Guess this probably means the secret new feature for the 3.5 update isn’t photoshop style layers then. Awww nuts!

ok go learn painting! !!!

Another awesome addition to my ZPlug-ins :slight_smile:

“I’m scarred for you Zbrush. Stop lying to yourself. You know who you are, you’re a 3d program baby, just admit. Although, I’ll love you just the same.”

Actually, wasn’t ZBrush an illustration tool before anything else? It all started with the Pixol, which was a strictly canvas-bound concept originally, right?

Cool plugin, I know it’s a bit of a photoshop habbit, but the ability to create more layers would be nice, beside just a top and base layer.

Am I the only person in the universe having problems installing it? I have done exactly as the .pdf installation notes say and now when I try to open zbrush it just hangs at the zbrush logo screen? Anyone else out there having this problem? :o

WOAH!!! and it’s ready to use now!! Coooooool!!!

It’s really natural by the looks of it!! Like Corel Painter!!!

but just because a tadpole becomes a frog, that doesn’t mean it has to stay in the small pond.

Don’t want to get your hopes up but maybe this is a sign that they are working on layers and this is just a little tester. Just keeping the hope alive.

Pixologic is winning by far…Painter inside Z-Brush…:smiley:
Big thumbs up guys!!!:+1: :+1: :+1:

Many thanks!!!
(and a small nod of the head to Glenn Southern)

suweet! :smiley:

Real nice Plug-in, thx pixologic.

But, only 2 layers is very bad solution…

layer, Base and Top only?

Why?

i do not comprise this solution, is very poor, the tool is great and very nice quality of the sign and more…

but only two layer…

Another question:

why i dont see the fusion method of layers?

Multiply, screen, overlay, color, burn, etc?

All Sw of painting have this solution for fusion layers…

I hope for Zbrush 3.5 or 4 this upgrade + multy layers!

You are complaining about something that you are getting for free? I’d hate to have to give you a birthday present.