ZBrushCentral

Pixologic LIVE Stream Previewing ZBrush 2021.6

That’s a fair possibility

Ooooooooooh

1 Like

Whilst I’m happy for Zbrush users it’s going to push Zbrushcore even further behind the curve.

All I’ve wanted for 5 years is Bend Curve, it’s not too much to ask is it. 🥲

Oh there are loads of things it would be great to see in ZBrush Core. I would love it if there was more control to edit materials, and the BPR filters would make loads of sense, as they’ve targeted it as people wanting to get into sculpting for illustration, rather than pipleline use. But to be fair some of the things they added to Core in 2021 were totally unexpected to me. ZRemesher was just a brilliant addition, so was Dynamic Subdivision, although it would be great if ZModeller was added, even if a more limited toolset again, so that dynamic Subdivision makes more sense. And the ability to load Insert Meshes would be great, even if they couldn’t be created internally. A bit more flexibility to import from ZBrush would mean a marketplace at places like Artstation, Gumroad etc. could expand Core’s built in tools, and so get more people using it over Blender, and then hopefully more people upgrading to the full fat ZBrush “Pro”, even if the price of Core increased for new purchasers now.
But I’m sure Pixologic have had lots of internal discussions about what features make sense in which ZBrush level. A ZBrush Indie, between Core and “Pro” could be an interesting middle ground. So with less limitations than Core, but with less complexity/pro-options than “Pro”. But I suppose that would mean more developers to pay, etc. And there would always be “just that one obvious missing feature” that people would want adding from higher levels.
I’m glad it’s not me making those decisions.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t exploded yet with enthusiastic replies after @PixoPaul’s 2021.6 presentation. Maybe there’s a separate thread I haven’t seen yet?

I’m quite thrilled about the plethora of new features that will be unleashed upon ZBrush users on Tuesday March 2nd. Among my favorite new features is the Mesh Balloon brush. This will greatly speed up organic concepting.

I also love the Snake Curve brushes, among the other new features. Great job, Pixologic! Can’t wait to go for it next Tuesday. :+1:

@MetinSeven I concur Doctor Seven, moving some of the aspects of shadowbox and/or spotlight 3D in to a continuing live process is a fabulous addition. Previously I ran macros for similar effects I.e shadowbox + inflate balloon + polish or a zremesh + bevel on spotlight 3d or shadowbox for flatter elements.

Running snake curves extrusion profiles will be a fantastic way of buiding up Architectural and hard surface elements quickly using a straight curve.

@PixoPaul cough - polypaint lasso fill mode with procedural texture fill options :smile:
I’m begging ya man , I’m begging ya. I understand it’s poor taste to heckle for a feature that may excite me alone- forgive me.

1 Like